Thread: Aftermarket dumb-bright lights in fog housing? (Possible build thread)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Aftermarket dumb-bright lights in fog housing? (Possible build thread)

Haven't taken a good look under there yet. Just curious if there's any bracketry to mount up to, or if it's a silly factory housing only mounting system that's specific to the opening and some plastic clip system?

To rephrase, will I be able to mount an 18w 10deg cube in the hole and have it not bounce around like crazy? Going to relay them off the high beam circuit to stay legal with local regulations so factory wiring won't be touched. Just don't want a heavy beam bouncing in a plastic hole if it isn't braced to support more than a factory quarter pound lamp.

Mounting my winter tires today, so I'll have a look. May also use factory fogs and mount additional driving lights further in so I have the rad support to mount to if needed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    For fastening they have four screw holes not far from the perimeter. In some markets and models, the fog lights are actually DRL's of the same size. Good luck!

See:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/MAGNETI-MARE...nd1P:rk:1:pf:0

or see;

https://www.ebay.de/itm/2-in-1-LED-T....c100008.m2219

Last edited by foama; 10-15-2018 at 07:06 AM.