Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which CVT fluid to use?

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    My 2 cents: if anything were to go south with my CVT, I would rather have receipts showing Mitsubishi fluid going in than anything else. That and $5 will buy you a coffee most anywhere
    my Mitsu is 2014, long past the warranty, and i am doing service maintenance myself. I can't think of a reason the receipt would matter something to someone if (god forbid) something happens to the cvt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yujinius View Post
    my Mitsu is 2014, long past the warranty, and i am doing service maintenance myself. I can't think of a reason the receipt would matter something to someone if (god forbid) something happens to the cvt.

You're right; it wouldn't matter. Only if trying to make a warranty claim would you be required to show proof of maintenance. By the way: how many miles on that 2014 cvt?

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    You're right; it wouldn't matter. Only if trying to make a warranty claim would you be required to show proof of maintenance. By the way: how many miles on that 2014 cvt?
    Here in Israel the warranty period is 3 years (i bought mine 2nd hand already after the warranty period) and during that period you're required to do all maintenance services at a licenced garage.
    I have 87000 kms, about 54000 miles

I stopped by at an old friends shop on the weekend. They had an 09 lancer that their mechanic just replaced the cvt in. It's acting like it's starting out in 4th from a stop. I looked and made sure all the sensors were plugged in as it looked like a child did the install judging by the way the wiring was run. Then I checked the fluid. Their idiot mechanic put aft in it. It said right on the dipstick handle it requires J1 cvt fluid lol. They argued that that's what their parts supplier told them to use. They're cheap *******s so they'll probably just pull the drain plug and fill it up with the proper fluid rather than fill and drain a few times. If I hear anymore about that one I'll post back here. Could have been a case of they installed a faulty cvt then filled it with wrong fluid or they installed a good one and screwed it with the wrong fluid. Either way I can't believe they do installs.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

yujinius (09-16-2019)