Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First long distance freeway trip this weekend

Yeah, maybe you're kinda right.
    But you gotta admit, seeing post after post belittling others because they haven't driven a cheap ass car as far as they have, does get annoying after a while. If that's all someone has going for them then I guess I'd be bitter all the time too. The complaining and misinformation being posted for the last few months isn't making the forum enjoyable to me any longer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, maybe you're kinda right.
    But you gotta admit, seeing post after post belittling others because they haven't driven a cheap ass car as far as they have, does get annoying after a while. If that's all someone has going for them then I guess I'd be bitter all the time too. The complaining and misinformation being posted for the last few months isn't making the forum enjoyable to me any longer.
    Stay put sir! Overall this forum is really peaceful. I've been a part of car and other forums since 2003 and this one is pretty tame, which is good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Drove 219 miles today. No prep involved other than putting the key in the car and turning it. I filled the tank up with gas 54 milesinto my drive.

Tomorrow I have a long distance trip. I am scheduled to drive roughly 350 miles tomorrow. Since I don’t have a working TPMS system, I may prepare for tomorrow’s drive by walking around the car and glancing at the tires, or I may not.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

craigq (11-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Drove 219 miles today. No prep involved other than putting the key in the car and turning it. I filled the tank up with gas 54 milesinto my drive.

Tomorrow I have a long distance trip. I am scheduled to drive roughly 350 miles tomorrow. Since I don’t have a working TPMS system, I may prepare for tomorrow’s drive by walking around the car and glancing at the tires, or I may not.
    Since you have a high mileage Mirage (that receives dealership free oil changes), I was wondering if you ever check your engine oil level between oil changes?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Since you have a high mileage Mirage (that receives dealership free oil changes), I was wondering if you ever check your engine oil level between oil changes?
    I think I checked the oil 50k miles ago. It was fine.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

craigq (11-11-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I think I checked the oil 50k miles ago. It was fine.
    You aren't apparently burning any oil then, which is good to hear.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Drove 353 miles today. No prep involved other than putting the key in the car and turning it. I filled the tank up with gas 93 miles into my drive.

Sorry for the late post. I got back in town around 4 pm but I've been busy doing chores at my parent's house.