Thread: Change of Pace: The 10 Slowest Cars of 2018

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Change of Pace: The 10 Slowest Cars of 2018

Name:  2018_Mirage_G4_6-1.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  88.0 KB

I love this article! Although I will admit, when I saw the title I was prepared to dismiss it as another hit piece by a horsepower-obsessed blogger.

But it's got some perspective:

Being slow isn’t a bad thing. Just about everything on this list sips fuel even more slowly than it accelerates. They aren’t quick, but that doesn’t mean they’re bad. They’re just leisurely. Why are you in such a big hurry anyway? Enjoy the drive.
    Mirage G4 "tops" the list as the slowest to 100 km/h (62 mph) at 12.8 seconds, though the writer points out the hatchback is lighter, thus quicker. Respect for mentioning the car's cavernous interior space, great fuel economy and low starting price.

More respect for pointing out how spoiled we've become (in terms of hp) vs. a couple of decades ago.

And maybe I like the list because there are more than a couple of cars on it that I'd be more than happy to own!

• Kia Soul EV
    • Nissan Versa Note
    • Nissan Micra
    • Ford Fiesta 1.0L
    • Toyota Yaris (iA)
    • Toyota Prius
    • Chevrolet Spark
    • Smart Fortwo
    • 2018 Toyota Prius C
    • 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage G4S

Read the full article:
    https://www.wheels.ca/top-ten/change...-cars-of-2018/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

01-7700 (10-26-2018),Daox (10-26-2018),spork (11-01-2018)