Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abs light

Yeah, it helps me cause my memory is terrible. I'm gonna let the dealer deal with this turd if it's covered, can't remember the exact warranty on this one. Only crappy part is our dealer is stupid and will probably have the car for 2 weeks.

I cleaned up the brake switch, it works like it should, until you turn on the ignition then it goes stupid. It smells like burnt electrical under the lh side of the dash too so that's always a good sign. The service manual say's possible tcm or abs module problem for the 1797 code. Something is cooked and if I if it's a module I'd rather let the dealer deal with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

I just realized this is the same car the dealership replaced the cvt in last year.

It's at the dealership now, it smelled bad like it was on fire when I drove it over. Traction control light came on steady but no abs. That car has gremlins.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-16-2019 at 03:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sounds like that dealer might have pinched a wire putting the trans in or something...

Wouldn't surprise me. But usually a pinched wire would give problems instantly. I checked the Gps and they started and shut the car off 8 times since I dropped it off. Still no word on whether they have a clue what's going on. If it is caused by something they did there's no way they'll ever admit to it. I don't know any who would.

Well, the stupid dealership called. They "think" it needs a brake light switch, but they're really not sure. I know they're full of ****. I took the switch apart, cleaned it up,made sure there was tension on the little tangs etc... There is nothing magical about it, it's a switch, they work or they don't. Funny thing is the car has the same problem with the brake light switch unplugged.
    Oh, and they are gonna charge for the brake switch. If it doesn't fix it they are gonna have one pissed off customer(again), if it does I will be pretty embarrassed. Either way I'll let you know the outcome, I predict they'll keep swapping parts til they figure it out like most mickey mouse outfits do.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-17-2019)

**Update**

Still no update from the dealer, I see they had the ignition on and off about a dozen times yesterday afternoon since they called and nothing today. I can only assume that either their idea of spinning the infamous wheel of diagnosis and throwing whatever part it lands on didn't work as they'd hoped or they are waiting for a switch to be built in Thailand then be tossed on a boat.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    IT'S A SWITCH.

Don't they have anyone who knows how to use an ohmmeter?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I guess not lol....
    Still no word on what's going on with the car. I'm really not shocked though. I'm assuming the job requirements to work at any level at a mitsu dealer are similar to that of walmart and mcdonalds.

So..... we called the dealer to see wtf is going on. Oh the car has been ready since Friday.....
    I just got to the dealer to pick it up, I have zero faith in these retards so I double checked to make sure it’s fixed. NOPE, brake lights are all on when you start the car. The service manager was a dink about it too. It was like he was mad that I discovered they didn't properly fix the car.

On the invoice it mentioned a short at connector 211(I think). But they replaced the brake switch just cause, walked away without a car and an almost $300 invoice. The breakdown of the bill was impossible to follow, charged an hour labor to (mis)diagnose the problem, then charged $30 for the switch and $60 to install it, then charged $60 for some more diagnosing that said everything works as it should but the brake lights stay on. Oh and I'm sure there were shop supplies on there too lol

I just looked at the schematic, they call it a stoplight circuit. The only way I can see the brake lights getting power with a properly functioning brake switch, and even with it unplugged would be from the either the ecm or a short in the harness from the brake light power feed circuit and a key on power source, between the switch and the brake lights.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-21-2019 at 05:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Wow. Sorry you have to put up with this. Good thing its not your car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)