Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Abs light

Wow.

And I thought you were being a little hard on them before you got the car back.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't stand most dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Wow.

And I thought you were being a little hard on them before you got the car back.
    Yeah I was harder on them than I needed to for sure. But it's justified now. Figured after dealing with them for almost 5 years they'd get their act together. Even the manager seems to be avoiding phone calls.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Got the car back. This time they said the new brake switch wasn't adjusted properly. I kinda don't believe it. So the new improperly adjusted switch just happened to do the same thing as the old switch and an unplugged switch did? It's possible but unlikely.

And I just found a bunch of the wiring harness going to the abs module on the rh fender, all loose. They cut all the retainers stopping the harness from flapping around. The fuse box cover was falling off but otherwise I couldn't find any signs of shady
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-22-2019 at 09:21 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Does this mean it's working OK now?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Alex1a1f (01-23-2019)

Yeah it's fixed, guess I should have said that.

UPDATE: Car is acting up. again. Brake lights aren't lit like before but the traction control light lit up, car wouldn't go over 60k, driver sometimes smells burnt electrical from dash. I can't wait to drop this thing off again lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-25-2019)

The saga continues!

Yeah, it's gonna be fun to diagnose with it being intermittent but the burning electrical smell should help narrow it down. I dealt with a new service advisor this time, I told him we just got it back and it still has some of the same problems. Guy didn't even ask what they were, I eventually told him and he didn't write anything down so either he's got an amazing memory or we'll get a call saying they couldn't find anything wrong.

I haven't heard a thing since I dropped it off last Thursday. I looked at the gps and the key hasn't been turned on since Friday morning. I just called the dealer and got the "oh yeah we were just about to call you, they just finished looking at it"......
    They think it needs an etac unit. They want $1300, I told the guy that's not gonna happen and asked if they'd use one I pull one from one of our parts cars. They were surprisingly receptive to that idea. So that's where I'm at now.

Last edited by Fummins; 01-30-2019 at 07:47 PM.