Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: ✚ EASY CVT Transmission Oil Change

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It might be wack, and might not be. The kit from Poland has the plate for the inlet and outlet, and everything except the filter canister fins which are cheap. The plate is still necessary, so the plate, the cooler, the filter, the filter mount, hoses and fittings probably double the cost. I will have to view the space options before i decide. If space is not good what you suggest will work at the extra cost and would cool better. We don't worry about the cold in southwest Arizona. I guess it could be hurtful in a few ways if I visit my friends in Colorado in cold weather, and honestly on rare occasion here, too, but the inline cooler might be best. Especially if the oil flow is passive and I could install a valve to turn it off, or partially off in the winter. Again, my thanks, Thad (Little Blue Peanut)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LITTLE BLUE PEANUT View Post
    It might be wack, and might not be. The kit from Poland has the plate for the inlet and outlet, and everything except the filter canister fins which are cheap. The plate is still necessary, so the plate, the cooler, the filter, the filter mount, hoses and fittings probably double the cost. I will have to view the space options before i decide. If space is not good what you suggest will work at the extra cost and would cool better. We don't worry about the cold in southwest Arizona. I guess it could be hurtful in a few ways if I visit my friends in Colorado in cold weather, and honestly on rare occasion here, too, but the inline cooler might be best. Especially if the oil flow is passive and I could install a valve to turn it off, or partially off in the winter. Again, my thanks, Thad (Little Blue Peanut)
    Also remember that if you mount your oil cooler behind the radiator. If it’s cold out the radiator fan won’t turn on. Reducing your cooling capacity as desired.

It’s only 20f here at night, I park outdoors and the engine struggles to get me to 37mph without going over 2000rpms. I think it’s because the cvt is a much bigger POS than you imagine while cold. Even Nissans design has a system to warm the cvt.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's 55 f tight now and will get down to 40F. You live in a colder location. I've only had the car a week and the two mornings I left home early with ice on the windshield once, I noticed no difference in performance, but I will be aware of what you are telling me so I will know what is happening in case of a rare hard freeze or when I am visiting a cold area. Little Blue Peanut

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for posting the walkthrough, @jimmy409! Changed my fluid today after doing 10K miles since the last change (did it at the dealership at 10K miles and they wanted like $270 for it - seriously!?).

Haven't driven much following the change, so there's yet the possibility that I've massively screwed something up (although I'm not sure what there would be for me to actually mess up), BUT! I am surprised at what a massive difference in driving feel swapping out the fluid has caused. Really makes me concerned about this fluid/transmission combo that there is such a detectable difference after so few miles.

Oh well - I guess that's why we like the warranty!

Last edited by PityOnU; 08-29-2022 at 12:27 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

mohammad (08-29-2022)