Thread: ✚ EASY CVT Transmission Oil Change

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    This is interesting. Would you please share your sources for this? I'd like to learn more about sooty CVT fluid.

All my vehicles are manual transmissions, so it's not a concern to me - now. It appears that all automatic transmission vehicles are switching away from epicyclic gear designs to belt driven designs. I would like to learn more about this design in case I ever wind up owning one.
    Eggman,

Of course, there is no official documentation for this.

So, I have surmised this information by reading all of the posts regarding: "CVT Fluid" inside of this forum; also by observing what it happening to my own CVT transmission, compared to other 'regular' automatic transmissions that I have owned in the past.

I could put the links here, but it is probably just easier to do an advanced search on "CVT Fluid", and the "CVT" in general, within this forum / website to get you started reading.

Some members here have noted a higher than normal soot level in their CVT transmission fluid on normal working CVTs. I definitely notice it in my CVT fluid.

In fact, it would be interesting to see the color and mileage of everyone's Mirage CVT fluid.

Below, is an interesting and highly informative Youtube video link regarding automatic transmission fluid changes and soot, entitled: "Here's Why Changing Your Transmission Fluid Can Cause Damage":

Last edited by jimmy409; 11-04-2018 at 06:10 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmy409 For This Useful Post:

Tyrelirwin (11-06-2018)