Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapatalk for mobile devices

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Steve (assuming that is your name) I don't doubt your testimony as a forum administrator.

Perhaps you can entertain my curiosity. For an experiment, log in to the forum from a desktop platform. I'm curious to know if 1.) you are served ads and 2.) what ad networks they are from.

To clarify, I have no administrative rights over such matters as advertising on this forum.
    Stephen Rice is my name. You can do a whois on DMCToday.com if you want to know where I live as well. I try to stay pretty transparent online.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And another screen shot of advertising. If the owner of this forum isn't getting any money for these ads, then something is seriously wrong. Name:  ads while signed on 3.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  85.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    If the owner of this forum isn't getting any money for these ads, then something is seriously wrong. Name:  ads while signed on 3.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  85.6 KB
    I agree as I am not seeing these ads, and I don't think it's because I'm a mod here haha.

I see that on the front page it says "Hide most of the forum ads" not ad-free! I missed that little change.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-03-2018 at 11:09 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Also, I'm using an ad-blocker so that's why I'm not catching what you're throwing. Totally forgot I'm even using one.

Still, that's desktop. I'll turn off my adblocker for kicks.

Edit: no ads were served with my adblocker off. Go figure.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-03-2018 at 11:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    To be honest, this is a lot of discussion about a subject that in the 3+ years I’ve been on the forum just hasn’t come up. Is tapatalk more convenient for mobile users? Probably. Has there been a groundswell of requests for a mobile version? Not to my knowledge but I’m not the forum owner so maybe there have been a bunch of pm’s sent to Darin that I haven’t seen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    To be honest, this is a lot of discussion about a subject that in the 3+ years I’ve been on the forum just hasn’t come up. Is tapatalk more convenient for mobile users? Probably. Has there been a groundswell of requests for a mobile version? Not to my knowledge but I’m not the forum owner so maybe there have been a bunch of pm’s sent to Darin that I haven’t seen.
    There is nothing wrong with advertising. It isn’t my style, but if the owner wants to make a few dollars off the site that is his buisiness. Please don’t take this thread as an attack on advertising.

I was just trying to let you guys know there are much better ways to access this site such as Tapatalk and the mobile version of this website. Tapatalk is so convienient. It makes using vbulletin websites like using the facebook app.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is what my forum looks like when viewed with Tapatalk. So much easier to use on the phone.

And yes, unfortunately there are ads when using the free version of Tapatalk. I don’t make a penny off of those ads. Those ads go away for people who chose to purchase the paid version of Tapatalk which is completely beyond my control.
    Attachment 12997Attachment 12998

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    tapatalk is not without it's own set of issues from what i have seen on the other forums i frequent
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Edit: no ads were served with my adblocker off. Go figure.
    There are ads. Don't know why you don't see them without addblocker. The sourcecode of this page contains

<script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "ca-pub-7134164740318362";
    /* MF rectangle 336x280 */
    google_ad_slot = "5335458966";
    google_ad_width = 336;
    google_ad_height = 280;
    //-->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script>

At home I'm not seeing ads because I'm blocking them on DNS level. But I was surprised to see ads when I once looked at this forum when not at home.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Glad to hear I'm not the only person seeing advertisements. They must be turned off somehow for admins.

Its not the end of the world to me if I see ads. I just want an easier way to view this site on my mobile devices.