Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More professional/ comfortable driver seat options?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Before anyone says it, yes, replacing the seats I will lose the side airbags that are installed in the seats. I'll properly bypass them so that the rest of the SRS system works as designed. I'm okay with that. I drove tiny 70's era British cars even into the 2000's. It's sort of like riding a motorcycle. You just accept that your life depends on good driving habits. Don't want to die? Don't crash!
    Amen.

Airbags are silly. All you really need is a proper shoulder strap seatbelt to remain safe.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    How confident are you about this? The rear bolt down points on the drivers seat in the mirage are offset height wise.
    It wouldn't be difficult to compensate for the height difference by using a hand full of washers for a spacer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Amen.

Airbags are silly. All you really need is a proper shoulder strap seatbelt to remain safe.
    I wouldn't go that far. Airbags can absolutely save your life in a bad crash. But, I'm willing to compromise on it a little bit. We all choose the level or risk we're willing to accept.
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahausheer View Post
    How confident are you about this? The rear bolt down points on the drivers seat in the mirage are offset height wise.
    You might have to mod the seat rail but you would have to do that with any aftermarket seat. The reason I mentioned the Lancer & Outlander Sport is that they also have seat airbags so you could maintain the integrity of the Airbag system.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-16-2018),Loren (11-16-2018)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Bringing this thread back from the dead.

Has anyone actually tried putting in Outlander Sport, Lancer, or something else in these cars? (Specifically, airbag-equipped Mitsubishi seats)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have done 18 hour driving marathons and I have no problem with the stock SE seats vs any others. I love them high up also since it gives more visibility.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I have done 18 hour driving marathons and I have no problem with the stock SE seats vs any others. I love them high up also since it gives more visibility.
    I wish I could say the same. Mine kill my back after 20 min.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (02-01-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Seat heaters to the rescue in my Mirage for longer trips.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

I have the height adjustable seat at the lowest setting and all the way back. I still have to duck down to see traffic lights sometimes. It's not as stupid high as the Armada we had where I drove around looking through the blue tint band at the top. I still prefer the seating position in my turd pail dodge truck.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)