Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 7.5 l/100km minimum at new car! (Solved: AC load)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Haha, yeah it does suck a lot of juice. Glad to hear you figured it out though!

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    hexkey, the auto climate controls on the Mirage will automatically turn on the AC compressor. This can be turned off by pressing and holding the AC switch until it beeps. Watch for the Snowflake symbol on the display for feedback on if your changes took effect.

Although I'm not sure if you have auto climate controls.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Mexico
    Thanks
    Yeah, but i cant understand why my new car with 1.2 liters engine n manual eats just in 1 liter per 100 km less than old one car with 2.0 liters and old 4-gear automatic?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    hexkey, the auto climate controls on the Mirage will automatically turn on the AC compressor. This can be turned off by pressing and holding the AC switch until it beeps. Watch for the Snowflake symbol on the display for feedback on if your changes took effect.

Although I'm not sure if you have auto climate controls.
    I have manual AC... I just have to press one button to double my MPG...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hexkey View Post
    ...i cant understand why my new car with 1.2 liters engine n manual eats just in 1 liter per 100 km less than old one car with 2.0 liters and old 4-gear automatic?
    A smaller engine with less power may not be as efficient when it's under a load (accelerating or driving an AC compressor). When you ask the Mirage's tiny engine to do BOTH of those things at the same time, fuel efficiency really goes down.

Your Mirage will be most efficient when cruising at a steady 75-80 kph in 5th gear. It should easily out-perform your old car with a 2.0 liter engine with an automatic transmission under these conditions. But your old car may actually be more efficient in stop/go driving situations where the AC is used a lot.

I use the AC in my car moderately...and I usually only use it after the car has reached a normal cruising speed. It's always turned off when I'm accelerating.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)