Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Any cool decals on your Mirage?

Country
    England
    Thanks
    Yep im from the UK also . I know the problems it causes putting your flag out ! Crazy huh. I live in indonesia now & if i protested in any sort of way i would be on the next plane home ! Or in Jail lol

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    No Im American, with an English background, ancestors were Brummies to be exact lol. Thank you Ancestry DNA! I definitely wouldn't put an Imperial Japanese flag on my Mirage if I lived in Indonesia considering Japan invaded that country during WW2 lol.

Country
    England
    Thanks
    Oh **** yeah ..never thought of that ! !

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I also got a St. George flag to honor my English heritage. Of course in the UK the St. George is controversial now? Dont hear the same lamentations over the Welch flag or Scottish flag?
    The history connection with your flag sticker there is interesting, and the neat fact that a Zero war plane of years yore..and your very own Mitsubishi.. had and has parts with the tri-diamond logo stamped on it. That said, I think the imperial flag from the Japan's empire era, has such a horrendous meaning or connotation --the sticker it kinda is in poor taste.

I'm sorry, don't take it wrong, you have your freedom of expression etc of course, but anyone who lived through a fascist regime like China did during early world war 2 thru out the 1930s, when Japan occupied China. It's just they were bombed and pillaged to the ninth.

Pretend some joe shmoe finally made it somewhere safe say in the USA somewhere...they don't want a history lesson at the wal mart parking lot.

To me, the confederate flag too, has no place in the public sphere. Look into what Germany did after World War 2. Now they are the most peaceful people in the world and know how to really live, I"m sure it's not cut and dry like that, flags aren't black and white either. But it's not in great taste imo Incidentally, I have seen this done once before, on both the side mirrors of a new Mini. Symmetrical
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-26-2019 at 07:05 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-26-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    No Im American, with an English background, ancestors were Brummies to be exact lol. Thank you Ancestry DNA!
    I had to look up Brummie.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Is t g lol No offe .
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:28 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (04-26-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Boss level meme action going on Cap'n! Lololololol. I have to pull over now and calm down in a parking lot. Whew. In all seriousness, no offense intended I swear it. Although the old Japanese flag is commonly found in Japan? Apologies to all.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    No offense intended. I appreciate your insights and advice. The flag could be of questionable taste I agree. Yet Im fascinated with old planes, and the Zero has many similarities to the Mirage. Japanese Naval high command wanted a plane that had a shorter wing span (shorter wheel base) for carrier duty, and drop takes for fuel consumption for longer range (our mpg). Also weight reduction was paramount for both designs. But I digress, your right, Ill probably be getting yelled at in a Walmart parkinglot lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    But I digress, your right, Ill probably be getting yelled at in a Walmart parkinglot lol.
    Even Mitsu's latest stealthy jet fighter plane, the prototype X-2 Shin Shin, is like a 7/8 size to the similar gen fighter F-22, from what I can tell on youtube and gathered online. A smaller war plane has its advantages. The discussion is interesting that's for sure.
    Last edited by dspace9; 04-26-2019 at 08:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (04-26-2019)

[QUOTE=Dirk Diggler;86369] Boss level meme action going on Cap'n! Lololololol. I have to pull over now and calm down in a

Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:28 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)