Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I think this thread is about someone using a motorcycle battery to start their car. They are interested in reducing the weight of their car for racing purposes & not much else. If you aren't interested in racing your Mirage or seeing it shed a few pounds, I don't see the point about arguing about all this?

Personally, I hate motorcycle batteries. Motorcycles, UTVs, & ATVs all have them. They can be expensive for what they are, but some are surely better than others. Personally, I've considered going the other direction with my Kawasaki Mule. The next time the motorcycle battery dies in my Mule I want to replace it with a cheaper, larger riding lawnmower battery. These batteries are typically $25-40 and available most anywhere for that price.

My 2006 Mule and 1993 John Deere (Kawasaki engine) riding mower have very similar engines. I've heard of others making some adaptations & going with lawnmower batteries on their UTVs , too.

I once kick started my Honda ATV for two years straight, because I got tired of replacing the battery every couple years. Adding a motorcycle battery to my Mirage is of no interest to me. Thus, I shouldn't even be here commenting!

I'll move on to another thread now.
Batteries found in all the things you mentioned are the exact same. You hate "motorcycle " batteries but like lawn mower batteries? Same battery. Unless you're talking maintenance vs maintenance free vs agm etc.

If your batteries are dying that quick you're not maintaining them in the things you dont use often. Lead acid batteries do not like to be discharged over and over and having one sit in a motorcycle not being used is discharging it. Get a cheap maintainer from harbor freight. I use their better one which is 15.00 and I have my truck and atv on it 24/7 when not in use. The cheap fleet farm battery in my atv is going strong for years now.