Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best Spark Plugs for Fuel Economy?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    If that's the case I wouldn't worry about carbon deposits on piston rings or any place else. Mine has similar mileage and nothing to worry about.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I somehow accidentally deleted my last post o.o

Anyway, I went ahead and put the new plugs in today, so I'll see how they feel over the next week. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get them properly indexed, so 1 is open to the intake, 2 is open to the exhaust, and 3 is sideways open to the front of the engine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnestovia View Post
    Alright guys, it took me long enough to get around to get the NGK spark plugs in. I have to say, I did noticed a difference on how the engine starts and runs. Now it's not a "huge" difference but it's enough that I can notice. So, starting the car seems more smooth including when the engine idles. Accelerating seems to be the same but in a way it feels more smooth. Will I be keeping the spark plugs in? Yes. Do I recommend getting them? I say yes as well. Also I will do a long term test as well. I don't drive much, so this will be a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cani Lupine View Post
    I somehow accidentally deleted my last post o.o

Anyway, I went ahead and put the new plugs in today, so I'll see how they feel over the next week. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get them properly indexed, so 1 is open to the intake, 2 is open to the exhaust, and 3 is sideways open to the front of the engine.
    Any update guys?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry, I completely forgot to update here!

My commute conditions vary too much to accurately track fuel economy, but I can tell they did add a little power. There's a long, steep hill I climb daily, and would have to downshift before reaching the top. After putting those in, I can keep it in 5th gear all the way up.

So if they can make a bit of extra power, they should be good for an extra MPG or two.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)