Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Heater output? (considering getting a Mirage, but live in a cold climate)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 2017 G4 heater is quite sufficient and I find myself turning it down from time to time as it gets too hot if I have it on manual. I have the automatic HVAC so mostly I set it at 72 and forget it. It also warms pretty fast. I have the heated seats which are wonderful, they warm fast too. A friend has a Spark with heated seats and I can say the Mirage seats get warmer faster and hotter than his Spark. The high setting is almost too much and I rarely if ever use it more than a couple minutes.

Enjoy your Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Remember...it doesn't matter how well you think your heat is working from the driver's seat. I would check the temperature across all the dash vents to make sure you don't have a restricted heater core.

I thought my heat output was fine until Doax pointed out the problem. Here's what my vent temps were last winter. I'm about to resume testing again to see if the problem has gotten worse this year...

Name:  vents.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  36.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)