Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AmazonBasics Full Synthetic Motor Oil

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just walked into my shop and found jug of Supertech 0W20 full synthetic.

Name:  C7A4C2C3-9509-43F3-B927-A9F8107996A1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  91.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I just walked into my shop and found jug of Supertech 0W20 full synthetic.

Name:  C7A4C2C3-9509-43F3-B927-A9F8107996A1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  91.4 KB
    That's good to know. I have never seen it in our Walmart, & I have looked for it. I searched again typing "Super Tech 0W-20 full synthetic oil" rather than do an on line sort, & it did come up on line. $15.98 for a 5 quart jug.

They even have the Super Tech full synthetic 0W-20 for high mileage cars (same as Mobil). I am surprised Walmart isn't carrying this in my area store, because more and more cars are going with this type oil. If it isn't in the stores soon, it's nice to know a person can order some. That's a good price.

I have a couple jugs of Mobil 1 that I bought with a rebate, but I see myself going with Super Tech in the future. Thanks for proving it exists. I thought it was odd that it would show up on Amazon & not be offered by Walmart. Now, we know it is offered!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Exon Mobile is one of my clients. The last time I was sitting in their lobby, I noticed a Supertech oil container in the display case of products they make. I’ve been using Supertech oil in my wife’s car and my moms car ever since then.
    Steve, so you believe that Warren Distribution is (making/blending/otherwise the source of) Mobil 1 motor oil?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Fummins (11-12-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Steve, so you believe that Warren Distribution is (making/blending/otherwise the source of) Mobil 1 motor oil?
    I never said anything about Warren Distrubution. I simply said Exon Mobile is one of my clients and I saw Super Tech Brandee oil in their display case. Exon makes a lot of different products including Toyota branded oil. I have no clue who Exon uses for a distributor.

There's no e in Mobil

Love:
    the grammar police

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There's no e in Mobil

Love:
    the grammar police
    Sometimes I wish I had more than a Louisiana education.

I didn't even finish high school

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I didn't even finish high school
    Nice. Them are some of the most intelligent people.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm sure it's fine oil but I'll stick with Mobil one for 22.97 at walmart. Not all fram filters are garbage. Their ultra filters are excellent. They are synthetic and They filter very well and the mirage usually doesnt make even a slight valve sound on start up with the fram ultra. Once in awhile I hear it for not even a second.
    On Mobil and wix filters I've heard it most of the time and for longer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I never said anything about Warren Distrubution. I simply said Exon Mobile is one of my clients and I saw Super Tech Brandee oil in their display case. Exon makes a lot of different products including Toyota branded oil. I have no clue who Exon uses for a distributor.
    Good point. I figured you were drawing a business link between the two companies and since SuperTech is by Warren Distribution, Mobil1 is too. My bad, and thanks for clarifying.

And by the way, it is my understanding there are two petroleum businesses under the name Warren. One is Warren Oil, another is Warren Distribution. Warren Distribution lists some of their brands here.

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Distribution | Brands
    Private label lubricants are our company’s primary strategic focus. We provide differentiated, value-added products and services to our customers that exceed expectations.
    That quote states they offer different (differentiated) stuff to different customers, so I wouldn't consider the Amazon line of motor oils to be the same as SuperTech or Mobil1 products.

I'm not sure if the two are related, or if there are more petroleum businesses with 'Warren' in their title.

Last edited by Eggman; 11-13-2018 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Added info on Warren.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)