Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G4 1400 mile road trip MPG report

Country
    United States
    Thanks

G4 1400 mile road trip MPG report

A while back I posted this amazing 2000 mile road trip MPG report from our Yellowstone vacation https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...rip-MPG-report where I averaged 51+ MPG. I just returned from a 1400 round trip to Hobbs, New Mexico (about 70 miles south of Carlsbad Caverns). This trip was not as laid back, as I needed to make real time. Average speed limit was 75, and I went 80 most of the way, passing 18-wheelers continuously. On the other trip, I went the speed limit or less, and often tucked in behind large vehicles (not so close as to be considered "drafting", but I'm sure I benefited from their deflection. For this trip, temperatures were in the 50s vs. 80s most of the Yellowstone trip. I just measured my air pressure at 32 psi vs. the 37 for our last trip (ooops!). I did use the cheap 86 octane in NM.

Mesa, AZ to Hobbs, NM: 46 MPG
    Hobbs, NM to Mesa, AZ: 44 MPG

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to azdonw For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-12-2018),Fummins (11-12-2018),inuvik (11-12-2018),MetroMPG (11-13-2018)

I cry a little inside when I see these kinds of post's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I cry a little inside when I see these kinds of post's.
    Ehh? What up?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Those numbers sound pretty good for 80 mph!

What kind of RPMs are you cruising at in a CVT-equipped Mirage at 80mph? Do you have cruise control and were you using it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Those numbers sound pretty good for 80 mph!

What kind of RPMs are you cruising at in a CVT-equipped Mirage at 80mph? Do you have cruise control and were you using it?
    No cruise. Tach shows a little around 3200 or 3300 at 80 mph on a flat road. I do try to keep my speed consistent in order to avoid revving the engine. Sometimes I see the tach jump up when I've let my foot relax and then recover speed. I do my best to avoid that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, and those numbers are from my MPG-A gauge, so you can subtract 1 MPG to be more accurate per my thread here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...gauge-accuracy

That's decent. I don't own anything that'll get's over 22mpg. My truck averages 16mpg, car get's 22, and our Armada gets an astonishing 13mpg!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That's decent. I don't own anything that'll get's over 22mpg. My truck averages 16mpg, car get's 22, and our Armada gets an astonishing 13mpg!
    Oh! I guess you just manage a fuel efficient fleet for others. I always assumed you also owned one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This thread has the Stevedmc seal of approval. I'm guessing his preparation for this drive involved putting the key in the ignition and turning it. This thread isn't silly. In fact, it gets right down to business.

Name:  Chuck.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  5.9 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    This thread has the Stevedmc seal of approval. I'm guessing his preparation for this drive involved putting the key in the ignition and turning it. This thread isn't silly. In fact, it gets right down to business.

Name:  Chuck.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  5.9 KB
    Yep, no prep, or tires would have been aired up better. Death in the family, so I drove 10.5 hours straight, 'til 2:30 a.m.