Thread: Bought a No Mar Tire Bar - and a TPMS solution

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Bought a No Mar Tire Bar - and a TPMS solution

Figured I'd post both in the same thread...
    I just bought an Autel TS408 and a MX Sensor (rubber stem type). I was able to clone my OEM sensor. The Autel quality is excellent. The sensor snaps on to the stem very precisely and secure, very impressive.
    I can read the hexidecimal number as well as check battery and read part number, etc. from the OEM sensor also. Have not put this wheel on the car, it's my full size 'just in case' spare that I'll keep around for emergencies. But I will try it soon to be sure it works, but I don't see why it wouldn't, as it now has the same information as the one original sensor.
    Now, to the tire bar............
    I need to change my left rear tire, with 67k miles on it. Very cupped/scalloped. And I hate to use tire shops, some are good, some not. So I do what I can myself. Last spring, I replaced the right rear for the same cupping problem, and found the Harbor Freight tire bar did not work very well. For me, anyway. So I have been looking for a good solution, a bar that would not damage the wheel or tire, and make replacement smoother. I found a video on No Mar Tire Changer's website that shows a guy replacing a 14" tire, and the process goes so smoothly, that I ordered the bar immediately. Yes, it's not cheap ($153 shipped), but it'll pay for itself in a couple of sets of tires. My local shops gets $20 for mounting/balancing/valve stem.
    I have not received the bar, but I should have it by the weekend, and will post results.
    Check out the video from No Mar, it's really amazing how smoothly the job goes with this bar. They make machines primarily for motorcycles, but they say this bar works well as a substitute for the HF bar.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (11-12-2018),Eggman (11-13-2018)