Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CVT Transmission Woes (how to confirm fluid level?)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd offer to help you out but I don't usually have any free time to work on my own junk let alone others.
    I know how that goes! As long as you're reasonably available on here to answer the odd question, that's help aplenty. Not to mention all the invaluable information you have already dispensed! car-part .com is a lifesaver!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

I just remembered you're gonna need a jug or 2 of premix coolant too unless you can find any blue import concentrated stuff. The 2 hoses that go the the front of the cvt are coolant lines that feed the cvt cooler.

Car-part.com would be better if they actually had an interchange for the Mirage parts. This is one of few vechicles I know of that they don't have in the system properly. I really don't know why they don't. I remember trying to inventory a Lada Niva, and had the same problem but they were far less common than the Mirage.

-One big pain was disconnecting the round electrical plug next to the dipstick tube. One trick is to tap the side of the plug with a screwdriver handle and hit it with a blow gun to get all the sand and crap out of all the crannies. There's a tab you gotta push in and rotate (counter clockwise?) and lift up at the same time irrc. First one I did took some thinking but the other 2 were way quicker.
    -It's easier to just unbolt the shifter bracket from the cvt rather than attempt to figure out how to unclip the cable from the bracket itself.
    -DON'T strip out the torque converter bolts. Make sure you have the proper 6 point socket on them don't try an open end wrench. I used a socket and tool from a serpentine belt tool from this kit https://www.amazon.ca/GearWrench-368...26649019&psc=1
    -All the bolts are 10,12,14,17,19,21mm and I forget what the axle nut size it. There's a post on here about it I'm sure.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-04-2019 at 07:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Tyrelirwin (01-04-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I just remembered you're gonna need a jug or 2 of premix coolant too unless you can find any blue import concentrated stuff. The 2 hoses that go the the front of the cvt are coolant lines that feed the cvt cooler.
    I guess I may as well do that long overdue coolant flush while I'm at it...

Any chance you have an "idiot's guide" step-by-step on this? Even just a rough order-of-operations would be grand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    I guess I may as well do that long overdue coolant flush while I'm at it...

Any chance you have an "idiot's guide" step-by-step on this? Even just a rough order-of-operations would be grand.
    What ended up happening?