Thread: AC issue (selected air flow direction changes automatically)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Unhappy AC issue (selected air flow direction changes automatically)

Hi guys, So I have 2015 ES and the AC acting weird so when I select mode face and foot together and choose auto and set it at any temperature , it will change the mode to either face or foot by itself or change from auto to manual but leaving the face and foot mode on .and when I set the temp and choose auto and try to choose face and foot it wont let me and will go whatever AC want.

anyone facing this issue too??????????????

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miragetx View Post
    Hi guys, So I have 2015 ES and the AC acting weird so when I select mode face and foot together and choose auto and set it at any temperature , it will change the mode to either face or foot by itself or change from auto to manual but leaving the face and foot mode on .and when I set the temp and choose auto and try to choose face and foot it wont let me and will go whatever AC want.

I only use auto. Unless you pick defrost, the car will switch between levels by itself in auto. You can't pick the vents yourself then use auto and think it will keep the positions you picked. If you want just those settings, then just use manual.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miragetx View Post

I apologize miragetx but I'm having a hard time understanding your description. Could you re-phrase your problem? If possible, take a video of your symptoms so we have a better chance of helping you out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    "Auto" means just that. It means that the climate control system decides what temp the air should be and where it should go in the cabin given the temperature you set.

If you want air directed in any particular direction...floor, dash vents, etc...then you have to take it OUT of Auto mode and use manual mode.

Personally, I only use the Auto setting in the summer when the AC is on and I just want the car cool inside.