Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First 2014-2018 Mirage I have spotted in a self-service wrecking yard...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts

First 2014-2018 Mirage I have spotted in a self-service wrecking yard...

I found a Cloud White 2015 Mirage DE CVT at my local...well, 'semi-local'...Pick-and-Pull yard yesterday. I normally don't even bother searching for them in self-serve yards like this because these types of yards normally don't get cars this new. Usually just '70s-'00s, though this yard did have a 1957 Mercury station wagon for some reason! Guess this might be the one advantage of these cars depreciating so badly?

Car has been hit in the front and hit VERY hard in the back. I am sure the driver was stopped and rear-ended, pushing it into the back of the car ahead of it.

I was hoping to find a driver's door panel and a fuel gauge sender, but both were gone. Car had been out in the yard for FIVE WEEKS before I discovered it! D'oh!!

Not completely picked over, but nothing I could personally use. Had three very good Enasaves on it. It is at the Pick-and-Pull in Tacoma, Washington near JBLM if anyone is in the area and needs anything.

Engine and transmission would be about $300...if they survived and you could get them out. If it were a manual I might pull them myself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

fc321 (01-30-2019),Loren (11-19-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,787 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Get the side marker lights.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe the driver's fender is gone...for some reason. And I know both of the driver's doors are gone as well, along with the B-pillar, which had been cut out.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Impressed the safety cage stopped the destruction before the back seat. Wonder how hard the hit was? Forsure rear ended and pushed into the car in front of them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    A little bondo and good as new!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    A little bondo and good as new!
    I seriously thought about going back the next day and grabbing those three good Enasaves. They couldn't have had more than a few thousand miles on them, and even with the wheels they would have only been $15.99 each.

But the car was removed from the yard and crushed the day after I posted this thread...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    But the car was removed from the yard and crushed the day after I posted this thread...
    Wow, that was fast.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Wow, that was fast.
    It had been out in the yard for five weeks before I knew it was there. Pick-N-Pull posts the 'set date' online, so you know when the car first hit the yard. That car had been in the yard since early September.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Looks like these are going to be like Geo Metros. Once they hit the yard, they won't last long. Gotta grab those parts quick!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Parts availability has been problematic for this generation Mirage from the start. Stuff like this makes it worse.

Tyrelirwin sure could use parts from this wreck: CVTransmission Failure? P0796, Limp Mode

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrelirwin View Post
    When I was looking a month ago I got a quote for around $390+$75 core charge. Today when I called around, they all were priced at $1,000+, regardless of mileage. Splendid.