Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speedlab intake, header, and custom tune!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    damn, they still using windows xp!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2010 Yaris 1.5 manual: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Just remember. Maf and map based mirages will handle the intake kit differently. I know that maf usually don't like a different airflow current and throw a CEL light.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistah JT For This Useful Post:

Daox (11-07-2013)

Country
    Malaysia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretts View Post
    damn, they still using windows xp!
    lol not everyone in this world close to bill gate home country to get newest OS haha

anyway... impressed with their mirage scene there.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just went to there web page today and I couldn't find anything for the mirage. Where can you find it?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsu4life View Post
    I just went to there web page today and I couldn't find anything for the mirage. Where can you find it?
    I just message them through Facebook.
    They reply quite quickly on there.
    But they are currently away till after near year for holiday.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    I just message them through Facebook.
    They reply quite quickly on there.
    But they are currently away till after near year for holiday.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ahh thank you Mistah!! I will shoot them a message on Facebook, maybe get my wife's Mirage a intake, or maybe the whole package

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Any idea if these mods will affect mpg in a positive way? I know mods like this can effect every car differently.

And I have never seen a car equipped with MAF throw a CEL when an intake is installed. I've had nothing but Mitsubishis with maf setups and intakes on all and NEVER throw a CEL. Only time a car will throw a CEl for a maf is if it losses its 5v reference or some sort of other electrical failure. Or if you have a air leak behind the maf, then you will get a code for incorrect air fuel ratio. And if I remember right Mitsui has switched to a hotwire maf with there baro (map sensor) and IAT separate unlike with the evo's.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    ahh thank you Mistah!! I will shoot them a message on Facebook, maybe get my wife's Mirage a intake, or maybe the whole package
    No worries, they will be back on the 6th of January
    Any idea if these mods will affect mpg in a positive way? I know mods like this can effect every car differently.

And I have never seen a car equipped with MAF throw a CEL when an intake is installed. I've had nothing but Mitsubishis with maf setups and intakes on all and NEVER throw a CEL. Only time a car will throw a CEl for a maf is if it losses its 5v reference or some sort of other electrical failure. Or if you have a air leak behind the maf, then you will get a code for incorrect air fuel ratio. And if I remember right Mitsui has switched to a hotwire maf with there baro (map sensor) and IAT separate unlike with the evo's.
    I have a mitsubishi magna, and it'is maf sensor is extremely sensitive. If you do not use an oval shaped pod or the stock square, it will throw a cel light due to the spiral flow of air. It also causes the ecu to start thinking the car is getting too much/too less airflow.
    Not all cars are like this, but the Australian magna is. It's why no one uses a round pod filter on them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's crazy, I've never heard of or seen anything like that. Then again I did not notice your location till just now. USDM is kinda different from a lot of other country's I've notice. I think I'm going to read more into that, seems interesting, like I said I have never seen a maf or ECU flip out over something like that. I can see it if some how the air starting tumbling by the maf and causing it to read the same air charge multiple times. Or with turbo cars if you vent to atmosphere it really makes the car mad.. learn something new everyday I guess huh lol