Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: DIY: Heater core replacement

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by domisvo View Post
    Hi guys,its time to replace the heater core in my 2014 mirage(1.0 (52 KW / 71 PS) (05.2012 - .) and i have 2 questions:what is the size of heater core? 83x218x16 & 84x219x16,found 2 types.and the other what trademark is best of??Nissens?Thermotec?
    https://www.autodoc.gr/exartimata-af...56018-1-0-a05a
    Hey Domisvo, there are plenty of threads about that in this forum, this one for example. Instead of fragmenting them by asking ten-fold answered questions again without the well-known basic knowledge as basis for asking questions, I highly recommend using the search function and reading the threads first!

If you would use the search function, you could see this problem is very well researched and there are numerous proven solutions.

There are Nissens and Thermotec heater core products with connections to the pipes inside the car rather than all in one piece. That saves us the enormous effort of taking the entire dashboard and heater unit out of the car just to replace the core. Do read this and the other Threads for more info! Replace the coolant with G30 (easily available in Greece) and don't use the old OEM stuff! The OEM coolant was the underlying cause of this problem.

Possible core replacements amongst others are:

Thermotec D65003TT

Nissens 707183

Last edited by foama; 01-09-2022 at 08:54 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

domisvo (01-09-2022),Fummins (07-07-2023)

Country
    Greece
    Thanks
    Thank you mate for your super fast answer!!!I'm new here in forum,so this is the 1st thread to read and i see plenty of experienced users to replace heater core,sorry for repeated questions
    You tell me my mechanic saves all this procedure to take out entire dashboard to replace the default heater core,just take off pipes connections?
    Do you suggest me the most common G30 coolant for Mirage please?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thank you mate for your super fast answer!!!I'm new here in forum,so this is the 1st thread to read and i see plenty of experienced users to replace heater core,sorry for repeated questions
    You tell me my mechanic saves all this procedure to take out entire dashboard to replace the default heater core,just take off pipes connections?
    This has already been discussed here: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...acement-easier

coolant choices are mostly personal preference, everyones got an opinion. I only use OEM stuff because the car only takes less than 2 bottles after 8 years of service, in my opinion its worth the money.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

domisvo (01-09-2022),foama (01-09-2022)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    The OEM coolant is supposed to be free of silicate, so the FSM. Unfortunately, around 2014-2015 at times they obviously used silicate-containing coolant, and that clogged the heater cores.

Whatever coolant you want to use, first make 100% sure it is the absolute correct stuff first. Then thoroughly flush out every trace of the old stuff before you refill. Important: Stick to the correct concentration! A good brand in Europe is Glysantin, their correct sort is G30. See Glysantin pages.
    Last edited by foama; 01-09-2022 at 11:43 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

domisvo (01-09-2022),mohammad (01-09-2022)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    The OEM heater core had the pipes attached to it. To replace it with the same OEM core, the entire dash, steering, heater, etc., etc, had to be removed. A nightmare!
    The suggested replacements allow the pipes and core to be removed and replaced separately, without removing the dash, a tremendous improvement!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

domisvo (01-09-2022)

Country
    Greece
    Thanks
    Thank you mohammad & foama,it is a very helpful infos for my 1st mitsu mirage,i bought it in August 2021,so i'm noob here sorryyyy!!!

If you dont bother,take a look in this greek site with coolants,and tell me 1 suggestion/opinion as experienced user,because here in Greece we have high temp climate 40° Celsius in summer and -1° Celsius in winter seasons..
    I stop questions ASAP close thread

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

If you dont bother,take a look in this greek site with coolants,and tell me 1 suggestion/opinion as experienced user,because here in Greece we have high temp climate 40° Celsius in summer and -1° Celsius in winter seasons..
    You maybe confused, the coolant choice doesnt really improve cooling the way you maybe thinking. Expensive coolant just lasts "longer" normally has a lower freezing point and maybe has some anti-corrosion, anti foaming, anti-clog additives. To understand which coolant you want to use you'd have to actually understand coolant chemistry, Foma's much more familiar with that than me.

I believe Foma's brand of choice is Glysantin or valvoline G30. Honestly if you can't afford the OEM stuff id just put anything that says compatible with "japanese vehicles" into the car without over thinking about it, just remember not to mix different brands.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

domisvo (01-09-2022)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thank you mohammad & foama,it is a very helpful infos for my 1st mitsu mirage,i bought it in August 2021,so i'm noob here sorryyyy!!!

That site sells stuff in just about every country in Europe. I would be careful with their suggestions. When the clogging issue came up, I got in contact with the BASF, the world's largest chemical factory and also the most popular coolant maker. Their chief location is in walking distance from here. After a few mails and phone calls back and forth, it became clear that the issue is actally quite complex. They stated G30 was correct, and that is what I use. The also sell it in the Americas, but with a different colour and under a different brand, I think it was Valvoline.

See: https://www.glysantin.de/sites/defau...df?1640958984=

https://www.glysantin.de/en/product-finder

14. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

domisvo (01-09-2022)

Country
    Greece
    Thanks
    I understand now the whole meaning of coolant,thank you all my friends and sorry again for my noob questions,have a nice day!!!

Name:  basf-glysantin-g30-readymix-coolant-5l-2.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  25.6 KB

16. The Following User Says Thank You to domisvo For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-09-2022)

Country
    Greece
    Thanks
    Hey guys,finally i replace heater core WITHOUT REMOVE DASH,STEERING COLUMN AND ALL OTHER STUFF who made the whole thing a BIG nightmare....Name:  20220113_110731.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  94.9 KBName:  20220113_110855.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  98.5 KBName:  20220113_110913.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  103.2 KB

And of course i must tell a BIG thanks to foama with very very helpful infos about Glysantin G30 coolant who i buy it yday and put it in my system!!! And thanks to mohammad for fast replies!!!

Last edited by domisvo; 01-14-2022 at 05:39 PM.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to domisvo For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (01-14-2022),MetroMPG (01-14-2022),mohammad (01-14-2022),Top_Fuel (01-14-2022)