Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Suspension & brake aftermarket parts index

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just looked up the rear King Springs part number KFRL-71, and it's coming up with compatibility for the Ford Fiesta. Might be something to expand searches to find the right spring rates. I'd jump on the Ebay ones if the front/rear rates were swapped. Not sure why they have the rears stiffer than the front on those.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 49.2 mpg (US) ... 20.9 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 59.1 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thank you for this

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are there any springs that will help stiffen up the rear end? With three people in the car and some gear in the trunk, it gets pretty bouncy and will bottom out occasionally on rough roads.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thats probably why it has a stiffer spring rate in the rear. To account for cargo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CheezyWedges View Post
    Can someone help me which more stiff and sport

Eibach : Axle load: FA: 730 kg, rear: 670 kg
    and H&R : Axle load: FA: 730 kg, rear:700 kg
    ebay speed daddy : http://www.ebay.com/itm/400606664006...S:1123&vxp=mtr Spring Rate: Front - 175 lbs/in, and Rear - 205 lbs/in

i need to choose the one that good as my current tein lower spring will touch the rear fender when its fully load up by big size people.

how to differentiate spring rate as some of the info on the website, rate term quite different.
    I have ordered a pair of these ebay springs,

http://www.ebay.com/itm/400696604568...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I am willing to guinea pig myself for the community. Wish me luck.

I'll do a open box video and a write up of the install and quality of both the ride and the build of the springs.

This is just an experiment, so they wont be staying on the car for more than a couple weeks.

ED

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ednevell For This Useful Post:

alex16 (03-27-2015)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    are there any shocks for the mirage out yet? or maybe decent quality springs?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage G4 ES CVT 1.2 automatic: 42.0 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    There are a bunch of springs. Check the first post:

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthr...et-parts-index

Not so much on the shocks though. But, there are coilovers available.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I found a set of used springs for 45$ at my local pick and pull. They are the rear coils from a 1998 VW new Beetle 2.0 liter. They are identical in length to the factory rear coils in our mirages, but are at least 50% stiffer. I have not been able to find out the spring rate for them yet, however they are color coded Blue Blue Silver. They raise the ride height by 1/2-3/4 inches and significantly reduce body roll in the corners without being bouncy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BecauseRaceCar For This Useful Post:

alex16 (06-23-2015),Daox (06-23-2015),Mirager (03-23-2017)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BecauseRaceCar View Post
    I found a set of used springs for 45$ at my local pick and pull. They are the rear coils from a 1998 VW new Beetle 2.0 liter. They are identical in length to the factory rear coils in our mirages, but are at least 50% stiffer. I have not been able to find out the spring rate for them yet, however they are color coded Blue Blue Silver. They raise the ride height by 1/2-3/4 inches and significantly reduce body roll in the corners without being bouncy.
    Interesting. They are available new from rockauto for ~$30

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/rafr...&parttype=7512

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice find. After shipping and if I chose to turn my mirage springs in as cores I am sure they would be close to what I paid if not more. I also liked the idea of having them the same day and being able to measure them. Attached is a picture of the Mirage factory spring measuring 12.5" next to a 2002 VW Jetta spring measuring 13.75".
    Name:  Mirage-Jetta_Springs.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  97.4 KB

The 1998 Beetle springs are 12.5" tall. I will try to get some measurements for shocks while I am at the dealership tomorrow for my first oil change. I am planning on sourcing an affordable off the shelf shock with heavier dampening that will be a direct replacement for the poorly performing stock setup.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BecauseRaceCar For This Useful Post:

Daox (06-23-2015)