Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Developing an upper grill (mail slot) block 2014-2015 3d printed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Looks good Cody!

Thanks for the mini-review too.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Do you leave the roof racks on year round too??
    No I just bought them from Mick's garage. Plan to take them off soon.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Loads of people in Washington leave roofracks on. I do, I always tie something down to it.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I really would, but it creates a lot more noise on the highway and I was already having a problem meeting advertised MPG, now it's just gotten a bit worse.

My drive to work is 9 miles one way six of which is highway. The highest I've ever averaged just 38. I'm easy on pedal and coast in neutral as much as possible. I shouldn't have to baby the pedal to get close to advertised MPG. The worst I've averaged was 31 on a full tank.

Only filled it up 4 times so far.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Codylehr23 View Post
    I really would, but it creates a lot more noise on the highway and I was already having a problem meeting advertised MPG, now it's just gotten a bit worse.

My drive to work is 9 miles one way six of which is highway. The highest I've ever averaged just 38. I'm easy on pedal and coast in neutral as much as possible. I shouldn't have to baby the pedal to get close to advertised MPG. The worst I've averaged was 31 on a full tank.

Register online with your VIN on Mitsubishi’s website in the “owner” section. This will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls. One of them was for over rich mixture when the engine was cold. Your 2015 may not have had it completed from the previous owner.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Codylehr23 View Post

All you need a is a wind fairing but they go for $80-100.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Register online with your VIN on Mitsubishi’s website in the “owner” section. This will tell you if there are any outstanding recalls. One of them was for over rich mixture when the engine was cold. Your 2015 may not have had it completed from the previous owner.
    Was that a recall or a tsb?

Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    All you need a is a wind fairing but they go for $80-100.
    just looked that up. Never heard of it before. Might look into an eBay one. Thank you

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    I just ordered some more 3d printer material and I accidentally got shipped red instead of black like I ordered. This would be perfect for a red Mirage...

Name:  IMG_20191120_103626676.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  81.9 KB
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Does the forum have a consensus about what temperatures it's ideal to use a mail slot block in?

Does the mail slot block reduce potential engine power as its blocking the air that would flow directly into the intake horn thingy?

Has anyone on the forum ever tried to develop an exhaust gas heat recovery system? I drive mostly short trips so id imagine that I would benefit from a system like this year round.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Does the forum have a consensus about what temperatures it's ideal to use a mail slot block in?
    I've blocked my grill and the slot above it. In temperatures above 50℉ (10℃) I noticed the cooling fan ran a lot. This was with the slot not blocked. In freezing temperatures I thought it works great to have both blocked. It improves aerodynamics too, if that means anything to anyone.

Does the mail slot block reduce potential engine power as its blocking the air that would flow directly into the intake horn thingy?
    Hadn't thought of that. I never noticed a reduction in engine power when I had my slot blocked.

Has anyone on the forum ever tried to develop an exhaust gas heat recovery system? I drive mostly short trips so id imagine that I would benefit from a system like this year round.
    Here are some discussions of using a warm air intake to both benefit fuel economy and improve warm-up time (internal combustion engines are most efficient when warmed up to operating temperature.)

Warm Air Intake
    Warm Air Intake - Intercooler as an intake heater
    Added a warm air intake
    DIY: Warm Air Intake – Air box tube to exhaust manifold
    Another DIY WAI
    DIY: Warm Air Intake Version 2.0
    Engine air intake temperature

Last edited by Eggman; 07-11-2021 at 01:44 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Daox (07-12-2021),mohammad (07-14-2021)