Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Should I buy a 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage GT Hatchback

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hi there is it true in some parts of Quebec snowtires with studs are legal?
    Yes, & in Northern Ontario as well. I believe it is actually the law to run 4 snow tires in the winter in Quebec. I live only 1/2 hr from a boarder crossing into Quebec & sometimes you hear the studded tires here in Ontario. I think they are allowed 200 km from the boarder...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 33.7 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Talking

I stole this from tirecraft :
    British Columbia
    In British Columbia, the rules governing the use of winter tires, studded tires and tire chains are quite specific. In fact, in some areas, winter tires (or tire chains) are mandatory in some areas between October 1st and April 30th, and being caught without them could result in a heavy fine. During this period, studs of up to 3.5mm are allowed, and for vehicles under 4,600kgs or 10,000lbs, the maximum number of total studs is 130, or around 30 per tire. Further, if you plan to use studded tires on the front wheels, you must also use them on the rear wheels.

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and the Yukon
    These provinces and territories have no restrictions on the use of studded tires, so you can use them as you’d like at any point throughout the winter without incurring a fine.

Manitoba
    In Manitoba, studded tires can be used between October 1st and April 30th. Beginning in 2014, Manitoba Public Insurance will offer a low-cost loan program, making it easier for all of the province’s residents to purchase winter tires. Manitoba has a particularly low rate of snow tire adoption and in order to improve safely, all residents are encouraged to use winter tires.

Ontario
    In Ontario, studded winter tires are permitted between September 1st and May 31st for drivers in northern Ontario, which includes as Algoma, Cochrane, Kenora, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Rainy River, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Temiskaming. Below these areas, the use of studded tires could incur a fine. For drivers from outside of Ontario, studded tires can be used while travelling in the province for up to a month. During this period, the only acceptable studs are Scandinavian-made lightweight studs.

Quebec
    Quebec is the only Canadian province that has mandated the use of winter tires, and in the process reduced road accidents that cause injury by 36% and weather condition related collisions by 17%. Winter tires must be used between December 15 to March 15, and studded tires are allowed during this period as long as they’re used on both ends of the axle.

New Brunswick
    New Brunswick allows studded tires between October 15th and May 1st, and recommends the use of snow tires. However, the only legislation governing the use of winter tires is specific to school busses, which must use them during this period.

Nova Scotia
    In Nova Scotia, studded tires are permitted between October 15th and May 31st as long as they aren’t longer than ⅛ of an inch from the base of the tire or have a diameter of more than ˝ an inch. Similar to B.C., for vehicles under 10,000lbs, or 4,600kgs, up to 130 studs in total are permitted.

Prince Edward Island
    In P.E.I., studded tires are permitted between October 1st and May 31st, and the provincial guidelines strongly recommends using winter tires during this period.

Newfoundland
    In Newfoundland, studded tires are permitted between October 31st and May 1st with the use of winter tires highly encouraged during this time.

Yeah I know, another derailed thread....
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-12-2019 at 07:18 PM. Reason: cause

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I stole this from tirecraft :
    British Columbia
    In British Columbia, the rules governing the use of winter tires, studded tires and tire chains are quite specific. In fact, in some areas, winter tires (or tire chains) are mandatory in some areas between October 1st and April 30th, and being caught without them could result in a heavy fine. During this period, studs of up to 3.5mm are allowed, and for vehicles under 4,600kgs or 10,000lbs, the maximum number of total studs is 130, or around 30 per tire. Further, if you plan to use studded tires on the front wheels, you must also use them on the rear wheels.

Alberta, Saskatchewan, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and the Yukon
    These provinces and territories have no restrictions on the use of studded tires, so you can use them as you’d like at any point throughout the winter without incurring a fine.

Manitoba
    In Manitoba, studded tires can be used between October 1st and April 30th. Beginning in 2014, Manitoba Public Insurance will offer a low-cost loan program, making it easier for all of the province’s residents to purchase winter tires. Manitoba has a particularly low rate of snow tire adoption and in order to improve safely, all residents are encouraged to use winter tires.

Ontario
    In Ontario, studded winter tires are permitted between September 1st and May 31st for drivers in northern Ontario, which includes as Algoma, Cochrane, Kenora, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Rainy River, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Temiskaming. Below these areas, the use of studded tires could incur a fine. For drivers from outside of Ontario, studded tires can be used while travelling in the province for up to a month. During this period, the only acceptable studs are Scandinavian-made lightweight studs.

Quebec
    Quebec is the only Canadian province that has mandated the use of winter tires, and in the process reduced road accidents that cause injury by 36% and weather condition related collisions by 17%. Winter tires must be used between December 15 to March 15, and studded tires are allowed during this period as long as they’re used on both ends of the axle.

New Brunswick
    New Brunswick allows studded tires between October 15th and May 1st, and recommends the use of snow tires. However, the only legislation governing the use of winter tires is specific to school busses, which must use them during this period.

Nova Scotia
    In Nova Scotia, studded tires are permitted between October 15th and May 31st as long as they aren’t longer than ⅛ of an inch from the base of the tire or have a diameter of more than ˝ an inch. Similar to B.C., for vehicles under 10,000lbs, or 4,600kgs, up to 130 studs in total are permitted.

Prince Edward Island
    In P.E.I., studded tires are permitted between October 1st and May 31st, and the provincial guidelines strongly recommends using winter tires during this period.

Newfoundland
    In Newfoundland, studded tires are permitted between October 31st and May 1st with the use of winter tires highly encouraged during this time.

Yeah I know, another derailed thread....
    I'm sure there's some type of connect between the pondering of a 2019 Mirage GT purchase in Missouri, & different snow tire requirements for Canada. I just haven't figured it out yet?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm sure there's some type of connect between the pondering of a 2019 Mirage GT purchase in Missouri, & different snow tire requirements for Canada. I just haven't figured it out yet?
    All seasons count as snow tires in BC. Which is why insurance rates are so high. Part of it. Get half an inch and ICBC reports 1800 claims the next day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.7 mpg (Imp)