Thread: Mitsubishi mapcare???

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mitsubishi mapcare???

Hi all,

So I received a email that I was going to get some sort of map update from a company called HERE. Which sells and services the maps for Mitsubishi mapcare?

All this is news to me. The mirage doesnt even have navigation.

It must be complimentary. So I called HERE and I guess legit.

Do you guys know more about this mapcare and/or HERE company?

Also what exactly are they sending?
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Hi all,

So I received a email that I was going to get some sort of map update from a company called HERE. Which sells and services the maps for Mitsubishi mapcare?

All this is news to me. The mirage doesnt even have navigation.

It must be complimentary. So I called HERE and I guess legit.

Do you guys know more about this mapcare and/or HERE company?

Also what exactly are they sending?
    Thanks
    I believe this is an update of their roadside assistance app. A new Mirage comes with a 5 year/60,000 mile free roadside assistance. I downloaded this app on my smartphone after purchase. It's a free perk from Mitsubishi.

You may have received something else, but this is what I received via email today, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've received a couple of these updates in the mail since I bought my '17. But the update is for a different radio than in my car. It consists of an SD card to insert in a slot in whatever radio to update it's GPS map database. I was going to throw it away but tried reading the SD card in my PC. Turns out it is a 16Gig SD card that the files can be deleted (not write protected) and used for any other purpose. There's no info on the SD card to tell its manufacturer or quality though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daleWV View Post
    I've received a couple of these updates in the mail since I bought my '17. But the update is for a different radio than in my car. It consists of an SD card to insert in a slot in whatever radio to update it's GPS map database. I was going to throw it away but tried reading the SD card in my PC. Turns out it is a 16Gig SD card that the files can be deleted (not write protected) and used for any other purpose. There's no info on the SD card to tell its manufacturer or quality though.
    Wow sounds like a waste of time. Way to go Mitsubishi.

We have no sd card slot in our radio. Hope it's not that.

Thanks guys

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Wow sounds like a waste of time. Way to go Mitsubishi.

We have no sd card slot in our radio. Hope it's not that.

Thanks guys
    The notice I got earlier today was in regards of the roadside assistance app. The current app for your smartphone will no longer work after December 31, 2018. I misquoted in my earlier post. Roadside assistance is a full 5 years with unlimited mileage.

I copied & pasted some of what was listed in this current email below -

Take advantage of your Mitsubishi owner benefits:
    • Roadside Assistance for a full five years, 24/7, 365 days a year – regardless of mileage*.
    • Receive driving tips to help promote driving smarter and safer to your destination.
    • Access discounts and earn a Mitsubishi reward for driving safely.
    • Request an auto insurance quote from participating carriers through the app.
    Note: Current Roadside Assistance app will no longer be accessible after December 31, 2018. For any questions like how to download the app or about the Roadside Assistance Program, contact 1-888-648-7820.