Thread: Hello everyone

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Hello everyone

Hi everyone, new here.

Just looking around for as much information as I can get. I don't own a Mirage yet, but seriously looking at getting one, long time Dsm'er from back in the day.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. You've come to the right place.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you Doax, I am absolutely falling in love with the car just from reading the reviews, cheap interior, road noise, loud sewing machine engine, floats at speed, misaligned rear axle from the factory, gutless wonder.

I love this thing already

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JMVegas View Post
    Thank you Doax, I am absolutely falling in love with the car just from reading the reviews, cheap interior, road noise, loud sewing machine engine, floats at speed, misaligned rear axle from the factory, gutless wonder.

Heh, if there's one thing the Mirage does right it's engine noise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMVegas View Post

If you are interested in an affordable, reliable, & economical subcompact, you may not find a better value. I paid $9299 for a brand new 2017 Mirage that listed for $14,220. I've driven it over 18,000 miles so far. I have no regrets on this purchase.

Read the consumer reviews on kbb.com. 70 reviews & the 2014-18 Mirage has a 4.9/5 rating. Not one of the top 10 selling vehicles in the United States has a rating better than that. Some car experts (snobs) hate this car. Actually owners are extremely happy with it.

I love the 1.2L, 3 cylinder engine. Perfect for this size car. I'm in my mid-50's. I've owned 3 cars with less horsepower years ago. Americans are just stuck on overpowered cars. This car is well designed for its intended purpose!
    Last edited by Mark; 12-12-2018 at 06:55 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-08-2019)

If you want a cheap to buy and maintain car get one. I maintain a fleet of 30something Mirages. They are crazy reliable and easy to fix. I appreciate what they are and might get one just to get to commute to work and putz around in.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Going tomorrow to test drive a hatch manual. Only problem is that the local dealer doesn't have a white one in stock, but assured me that he can get one, so we shall see how it goes

Any update on the test drive, JMVegas?

Welcome to the forum!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)