Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Common Mirage problems? (Considering buying one.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you really want to save bucks, look for a 2014-15 with around 100k miles or less and a couple dents and dings. Those cars are going for around $4k and they're still as reliable as the sun.

Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Manual vs CVT fuel economy

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Consider renting one for a day or two if you can...especially if you are considering a Mirage with a CVT instead of a 5-speed. Despite the published numbers, manual transmission Mirages can get better fuel economy than CVT-equipped models when driven conservatively.

This isn't really a problem...but it is a consideration when shopping for a Mirage...

Resale value of the Mirage isn't good. So if you buy a new one, do your homework and stack all the rebates and incentives that you possibly can. This is not a car that should be purchased anywhere near MSRP. Some dealers discount more than others, so shop around and buy out of your area if you have to.
    There is no significant difference in fuel consumption in the numbers published by owners between CVT and manual in my country.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Other than the wheel alignment problems (rear AND front!!) I have not heard of any problems with the car at all. The Jatco CVT has a bad reputation for dureability. I don't know if this is still an issue.