Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Common Mirage problems? (Considering buying one.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Like dspace9 suggested...consider Krown rustproofing. There aren't a lot of dealers in the US, but they are expanding. I live in Ohio and found a dealer within 2 hours. It's a great product. If you're cheap you can do it yourself...but it's well worth the $150 my dealer charges.
    Has anyone compared Krown's rustproofing to Ziebart's? https://www.ziebart.com/auto-care-se...ust-protection There are no Krowns near Minneapolis.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I could be wrong but it's my understanding that a 7 year corrosion warranty is a federal requirement. Mileage might have no bearing on the matter.

Still, it's good to have.
    Mitsubishi claims that 'the other guys' only offer five years.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/who-we-are/warranty

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-28-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    I must be mixing it with emissions regulations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    Has anyone compared Krown's rustproofing to Ziebart's? https://www.ziebart.com/auto-care-se...ust-protection
    If you google "Ziebart vs Krown" you'll find a lot of discussions out there.

Check out this related Mirageforum thread...

DIY Rustproofing Products

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dark Magenta (05-28-2019)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxevans View Post
    hi all,

... Also how well does the body/sheet metal hold up to northern winters (snow/salt roads) ?

Appreciate it!
    These cars are most reliable in every respect.
    I live in Europe's rust belt, and my 2014 holds up rather well rustwise, better than most. Unless you get piles of salty winter slush inside on the carpet, the sheet metal body will expect nill rust problems, but keep your eyes on the axle bodies!

NB:
    The most rust sensitive parts by far are the front and rear axle bodies. Pay attention to them. If you give them two coats of Hammerite rust protection paint as early as possible, they can last decades. If you do so, read and follow the instructions on the Hammerite can.
    Last edited by foama; 05-29-2019 at 08:34 AM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-01-2019),MetroMPG (05-28-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    NB:
    The most rust sensitive parts by far are the front and rear axle bodies. Pay attention to them. If you give them two coats of Hammerite rust protection paint as early as possible, they can last decades. If you do so, read and follow the instructions on the Hammerite can.
    My Mirage when brand new had some rust there on the rear axle from the factory, when my Mirage had 70 kms on the odometer.

So after spraying with Krown boom gone ever since, around 5 years later., no more rust it healed the rust. People might believe the electronic rust protection the dealer somehow slaps on your new Mitsubishi works, bunch of yap and good luck getting the Mitsubishi Corporation to nudge a finger for you when push comes to shove. Smiles at dealers are free remember

But I've seen less than 10 year old RVR/outlander sports CUV cars with rust, not to mention driving a Chevy Equinox in Ohio or Ontario.

My own 2014 Mirage was oil sprayed last week, again done yearly, yes it smells and it's drippy but that goes away.

Be realistic people if it's a car that's being used 24/7 guess what rust proof it legitly if in the rust belt

Last edited by dspace9; 06-01-2019 at 11:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)