Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: U.S. 2019 Mirage Review - The Car Connection (brutal!)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    If you keep pushing your standards, a car which doesn't improve should get lower numbers each year.
    Possible, but I doubt that is it. More likely it is the fact that other cars of this type...like the Fiesta...are leaving the market.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Possible, but I doubt that is it. More likely it is the fact that other cars of this type...like the Fiesta...are leaving the market.
    Or the Mirage leaving too - I noticed there is a Limited Edition trim for the 19 model year - if the Lancer is any indication, that's what Mitsu does to their models before they scrap them (in North American market).

A Special edition with nice wheels and some aero stuff even, and then goodbye

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Or the Mirage leaving too - I noticed there is a Limited Edition trim for the 19 model year - if the Lancer is any indication, that's what Mitsu does to their models before they scrap them (in North American market).

A Special edition with nice wheels and some aero stuff even, and then goodbye
    Since they aren't that well established in the U.S. market, it would be foolish of Mitsubishi to drop their only cars (Mirage/Mirage G4). It's not like Mitsubishi has a Ford F150 in their line up.

The Mirage will probably evolve in to something else in the U.S. market. A newly designed Mirage of the future may still be reliable, but I doubt it will be cheaper & more economical than the present model.

The Mirage wasn't really designed for the U.S. market. Thus, it seems a little out of place here. It's not the car for everyone, but I appreciate owning one.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Since they aren't that well established in the U.S. market, it would be foolish of Mitsubishi to drop their only cars (Mirage/Mirage G4). It's not like Mitsubishi has a Ford F150 in their line up.
    I think the new Mirage when and if it shows up will also lack a certain type of Mitsubishi original that gets lost in cross-platform cars, for good or bad. I think if there is a new Mirage maybe it will be a small CUV, I put my money its bigger and yes like you say not so economical and more expensive guarantee that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I love this car so much, the car did not dissapoint me at all. The Mirage lives up to the hype. Every thing felt just right, the engine noise is just perfect, just the right amount of body roll in to the corners. Seating position is just right, I am not very tall, 5'9", so I fit really nice inside the car, power is exactly what I expected, don't try to pull out from the parking lot and floor it. I absolutely love this car.

If my dealer would have had a white 5 speed hatch, I would have bought it today. But the color is important and a deal breaker so I am waiting to hear back from them about getting me a white 5 speed, checking the other mitsubishi dealer in my area to see if they have one

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JMVegas For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (12-16-2018),MetroMPG (12-21-2018),Pryme (12-27-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMVegas View Post
    I love this car so much, the car did not dissapoint me at all. The Mirage lives up to the hype. Every thing felt just right, the engine noise is just perfect, just the right amount of body roll in to the corners. Seating position is just right, I am not very tall, 5'9", so I fit really nice inside the car, power is exactly what I expected, don't try to pull out from the parking lot and floor it. I absolutely love this car.

If my dealer would have had a white 5 speed hatch, I would have bought it today. But the color is important and a deal breaker so I am waiting to hear back from them about getting me a white 5 speed, checking the other mitsubishi dealer in my area to see if they have one
    I am in my mid-50's, & I only buy/drive manuals. I think the Mirage is a hoot to drive! An overpowered vehicle with an automatic transmission seems so boring to me. I hope they find your white Mirage ES (manual) soon!!!!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thank you, I think we have all the sapphire blue mirages, if you want a sapphire blue mirage, come to Vegas, they have plenty. But I won't ever buy a car again that is not white.

I have been through the factory fancy color trouble before and having to have the whole car painted to fix a dent and a scratch. Went crazy paint before too, 15,000.00 for a House of Color Black Cherry paint on a 50 Merc 2 door, chopped and sectioned. Pete Santini's shop took 4 months to get it perfect. Never again, Body in White is all I will ever own again. No white No deal

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JMVegas For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-21-2018)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JMVegas View Post
    No white No deal
    If you let that dealership know you will sign if they find a white one, I guarantee they WILL find one.

I originally went in to look at a leftover white 2014 Mirage DE 5-speed when I first started shopping for one back in late 2014. This car was their "loss leader", and was advertised for about $11k...pretty good deal at the time. But I ended up more interested in a black 2014 ES 5-speed they had on the lot instead simply because of the extra equipment. I discovered the price difference between the new black '14 ES and a new '15 ES in any color I wanted was only $250.

I HATE black cars, so it was absolutely worth the extra money to me not to have one. I said, "Okay, find me a red 2015 ES 5-speed and you have a deal." They did, and had to bring it down from a dealership over 90 miles away.

A few months later my now ex-girlfriend went in and bought the white 5-speed DE that I had gone in to buy in the first place!
    Last edited by Cobrajet; 12-16-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I had the same experience as Cobrajet. I wanted a GT & my local dealer had a black one they let me test drive. I said I'll buy if I can get the Sunrise Orange. They located one ~550 km from me as I waited & they actually had it trucked in. It only had 70km on it when I picked it up. They will find you a white one if that makes the deal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think these reviews are kinda like opinions.
    Only problem is they seem very contagious.
    Everyone I talked to about a mirage quickly looked them up on their smartphones and had very preconceived notions about the car.
    How small, how bad, all off a couple of these reviews.
    As soon as I bought it people quickly looked and judged it the same way.
    But any who have ridden in it or just sat in it quickly have changed there tune.
    It quickly became you paid what for that!!!
    It get what gas mileage!!!
    It comes with what warranty!!!!
    You mean I could have bought 2 of these for the price of my used.....
    They still pick on the tires.. lol
    Then I show them the picture of Lauren's friend Mike holding his engine and tell them that's how you change the oil. Lol
    I love my G4. I have a 10 year old and hope they still make these in 6 years..
    That way he can drive mine, still under warranty and I can get a new one. Insert evil menical laugh here....

On the color note.. most dealerships can get any color you want for a little extra.
    For me I kinda liked the blue..
    love the dark grey but blends in with roads and people don't see you.
    White is the same in winter around here but people are a little more cautious in winter.
    Was not in love with the wine in person, and red was the only color in stock.. 5speed that is.
    dealer would get any color but would have cost me about 450 and no fog lamps.
    I liked the red and the fog lamps.. small car.. I wanted visibility..
    like I tell people the mirage fits perfectly in my fleet.. I've got several bikes with smaller engines and several bikes with bigger.

Last edited by A-Aron; 12-31-2018 at 03:26 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Aron For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (12-21-2018)