Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, I forgot to mention the reason all the registration stuff is an issue is because the bank has a Wisconsin title for the car in my name but I live in Illinois so Illinois won't provide me with license plates without the title also being an Illinois title. It's stupid and it's going to be an unfun process of me basically fighting with the DMV to send a letter to the bank who will then mail the Wisconsin title directly to the illinois DMV to be reissued as an Illinois title. It's a stupid process.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention the reason all the registration stuff is an issue is because the bank has a Wisconsin title for the car in my name but I live in Illinois so Illinois won't provide me with license plates without the title also being an Illinois title. It's stupid and it's going to be an unfun process of me basically fighting with the DMV to send a letter to the bank who will then mail the Wisconsin title directly to the illinois DMV to be reissued as an Illinois title. It's a stupid process.
    This happened when I moved from ND to OR. Oregon required the title to be a OR title. My bank in ND had to send to OR who reissued it it OR then sent it back to ND. This is pretty common practice and there's no reason any DMV or Bank should make a big deal of it.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Normally I would agree but this is Illinois we are talking about here hahaha. Crappiest state in the country or darn near.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Normally I would agree but this is Illinois we are talking about here hahaha. Crappiest state in the country or darn near.
    I have to believe car transactions are happening across state borders all the time. The dealership should have taken care of all this for you. I don't even understand why you have to do anything?

My new Wisconsin plates took longer than expected. I notified the Minnesota dealership, & they mailed me a second set of temporary Wisconsin plates immediately. I ended up getting the new plates just before needing the second set. I had them just in case. The dealership made it seem like this was no big deal.

I financed with Ally (Mitsubishi) to get an extra $500 rebate at the time. When I refinanced locally 3 months later, my credit union took care of things. I didn't even go visit my bank. She sent me the forms on line, and she took care of everything. Super simple!

I guess the positive for you is that Mad City backed off on some of their silly charges. Return customers must not be a priority for them?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For whatever reason Mad City couldn't do the registration stuff because I'm in Illinois. I don't know why it was an issue (I've bought cars from Wisconsin dealers before and didn't have a problem) but apparently they couldn't do Illinois title and plate stuff.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, at this current time the car STILL isn't registered BUT we did this fun project to make it nicer.

Came out great for being under $40 in material costs and us not really knowing what we were doing for the most part hahaha. Nice flat floor... I love it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-19-2019),inuvik (03-18-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Came out great for being under $40 in material costs and us not really knowing what we were doing for the most part hahaha. Nice flat floor... I love it.

Looks nice & well done! If you need the spare, does the entire piece lift out?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sure does! Not the most fun to remove... fold the rear seat down and pull up and put it on top of the seat some, angle it, and then pull it out. Then you also have to rip the subwoofer off the velco holding it to the pathetic factory trunk pad thing and set that on top of the seat as well... and THEN you can get to the spare.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hit over 4000 miles. No issues to report with the vehicle itself as of yet besides the axle thing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, decided to buy the 7 day unlimited pass for ETACS Decoder. It was like $18. Figured I'd see what can work and what doesn't. So here's my experiences with different settings.
    Works: Enabling fog light switch, one press of the remote to unlock all doors (worth the $18 right there... I despise double pressing to unlock the car), activating the temperature display (although it doesn't give a readout... just dashes), making the horn honk when you lock the doors with just one press of the key fob.
    Doesn't do anything: Activating the security system (bummer! I saw someone on here do it but there was three types to pick from and none of them did anything), instant MPG readout, average speed readout.

The one other thing I was hoping to find was the setting for the turn signal sound. However, I haven't found that as of yet.

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 03-25-2019 at 07:51 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Scratchpaddy (03-26-2019)