Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I ended up taking a nap today and then had to run other errands so I didn't do an alignment check yet. I'll try to get the dealer to do it while I'm up there in Madison tomorrow for them to do the rust proofing and stuff.

The 16 Yaris 3 door was traded in for a new 2019 Corolla SE hatchback with a 6 speed manual. I have a 2019 Corolla XSE hatchback as well which is the automatic. The cost cutting from getting the lower trim level infuriated me to no end so I ended up trading the SE hatchback for a 2012 Tacoma TRD Sport Double cab 4x4 truck which replaced my very very worn out GMC Sonoma Crew Cab.

In short, I change cars like some people change underwear hahahaha. Plus I have too damn many but... hey it's a hobby I guess.

Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 01-04-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-04-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post

In short, I change cars like some people change underwear hahahaha. Plus I have too damn many but... hey it's a hobby I guess.
    How do you like the "rev matching" thing feature on the new Corolla manuals? I forget the exact name but makes for smoother downshifts I believe

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They call it the Intelligent Manual Transmission. It worked frickin awesome. The Corolla hatch with a stick is an awesome car. It just made me angry because I bought the SE instead of the XSE. If I would have bought the XSE right off, I'd still have it lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You have to get what you want right away but how do you know what you want before you have the car for a while, to get a feel for it. I am happy with my base model Mirage, not many options not much to disappoint or break down down the road

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I had the XSE for a few weeks already and love the hell out of it but the "downgrade" to the lesser trim was quite noticeable when you had them parked side by side. I know it's kind of snobby (and I know I would have loved the SE if I didn't have the nicer one sitting next to it) but it made me like... upset to drive it because I was constantly comparing the lack of features or niceties to the other vehicle.

Speaking of adding niceties, this is what gets me into trouble. I already started searching for a wrecked Mirage GT to get parts from and found one that's not too far away... I want to grab all the nicer bits and throw them on my car like the wheels, heated seats, leather steering wheel, door trim, etc. But that's not what I'm supposed to do with this thing, dang it hahahaha.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Speaking of the Corolla XSE, here's the car with myself and my daughter at the local Lexus dealer where I bought it.

Name:  Hailie and Rainbow Dash.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  66.7 KB

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-05-2019),dspace9 (01-05-2019),MetroMPG (01-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And here's the Mirage with an unhappy child because it's not a Toyota hahaha. She said at least it's not GM or Chrysler so it is better than those at least hahaha! I've created a monster...
    Name:  IMG_20190102_200642499.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  93.9 KB

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Daox (01-05-2019),dspace9 (01-05-2019),MetroMPG (01-05-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    But that's not what I'm supposed to do with this thing, dang it hahahaha.
    Ha yes at least you're conscious of the pitfalls of keeping up with the jones' nicer car. My friend had that when he picked up his 2015 Civic, and then in '16 that new, sleeker Civic came out. With the 6 speed, and the nicer overall look. Me I could care less haha but I wouldn't mind seriously having rims. I don't even have A/C. But I'm never too concerned. My basic Mirage is such a huge upgrade from my previous cars, it's "luxury" to me.

But that's not what I'm supposed to do with this thing, dang it hahahaha.
    Nothing wrong with enjoying it! Lots of owners personalize & upgrade. And lots treat them like appliances. Whatever floats your boat - go for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    at least it's not GM
    It's all relative. I had a brand new rental forklift at work for 3 weeks, 75 grand vehicle with 5 hours on the od. 3 weeks later, my 1980s-era forklift is fixed and the rental is gone. Not the same, but so what. The world is dark when everyone closes their eyes

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-05-2019),MetroMPG (01-05-2019)