Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome!! I'm glad you found a dealership that actually knows how to treat a customer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    The eclipse cross was much better in the sound insulation department but was so numb and boring to drive... Not to mention the barely 20 MPGs it got. But now I really want to add some well needed sound insulation to the mirage so it's not so noisy inside if possible!
    Still want that 1.5 turbo?

Sound deadening is on my list, too, eventually. I really went overboard on my Metro. I'll probably just do butyl/aluminum damping tiles on the Mirage, and skip the mass loaded vinyl. The huge cost and weight, not to mention the weeks of measuring, cutting, gluing, and getting everything to fit back where it was before, wasn't really proportional to the benefit.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    Still want that 1.5 turbo?
    Heck yeah I do. While not fast in the Eclipse Cross it would scream in the 1400? pound lighter Mirage. Plus the large issue with that thing was the awful CVT transmission. The engine has 152 hp and 184 lb ft of torque which is even more on both ends than the 3.0L Mitsubishi V6 in my 1992 LeBaron GTC 5 speed convertible which is pretty zippy. The little Mirage would be absolutely hilarious to drive that way but I'm all for the odd pocket rocket small hatchback thing that the US rarely ever gets (like the Yaris GRMN hatchback that was a very limited release in Japan and Europe... Would have killed for one of those) especially past the late 80s. Heck, even Mitsubishi sold a turbo Mirage here way back when!

Regardless of all that, I am glad to have my car back. It's been sitting in the garage with the building heat going to warm it up so I can fix the damn paint chips from the stupid salt trucks that were flinging salt everywhere.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, to add to all the fun... I found out today that I can't register the car because I don't have the title. The loan company does and I was assured by mad city this would not be an issue when I bought it. Well, guess what? I ****ing hate that place. I guess no more Mirage for 6 years or so until it's paid off since the bank won't release the title without it being paid off. Or I guess I'll have to trade it in somewhere for something different so things get done properly and I can actually drive the car.

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM MAD CITY! DON'T EVEN WALK INTO THAT HORRIBLE PLACE UNLESS IT'S TO PISS ON THEIR FLOOR!!!! ARRRRGH!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, to add to all the fun... I found out today that I can't register the car because I don't have the title. The loan company does and I was assured by mad city this would not be an issue when I bought it. Well, guess what? I ****ing hate that place. I guess no more Mirage for 6 years or so until it's paid off since the bank won't release the title without it being paid off. Or I guess I'll have to trade it in somewhere for something different so things get done properly and I can actually drive the car.

DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM MAD CITY! DON'T EVEN WALK INTO THAT HORRIBLE PLACE UNLESS IT'S TO PISS ON THEIR FLOOR!!!! ARRRRGH!
    Not that I don't believe this was said to you, but that's not legal. To register in WA it's the same process. The lien company should either send or fax a copy to the DMV and they send it back to lien company. Every new car process has to allow a vehicle register. Someone is dropping the ball.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts

Yeah, something doesn't make sense with this. Who told you that you can't register your car?

It's not anything new to have to deal with a loan company to get a car registered. I'm sure there's a simple explanation for all this.

I'm glad I didn't get a loan for mine. I avoided interest payments and registration hassles. I hate owing others.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Not that I don't believe this was said to you, but that's not legal. To register in WA it's the same process. The lien company should either send or fax a copy to the DMV and they send it back to lien company. Every new car process has to allow a vehicle register. Someone is dropping the ball.
    I bought my car from a MN dealership. They gave me temporary plates, & I received my WI plates later. I did nothing. They took care of everything. I was also charged the lower WI sales tax. I refinanced my car 3 months later @ 2.74% at my local credit union with no issue. I didn't have to do anything. I am paying off my 2017 Mirage after my taxes are done this spring. I will receive my clear title then.

Loan companies keep your title, but registering your car should not be an issue. You just declare who is carrying your loan. My dealership & credit union did all this for me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I bought my car from a MN dealership. They gave me temporary plates, & I received my WI plates later. I did nothing. They took care of everything. I was also charged the lower WI sales tax. I refinanced my car 3 months later @ 2.74% at my local credit union with no issue. I didn't have to do anything. I am paying off my 2017 Mirage after my taxes are done this spring. I will receive my clear title then.

Loan companies keep your title, but registering your car should not be an issue. You just declare who is carrying your loan. My dealership & credit union did all this for me.
    Exactly. I agree.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    If you have a lien on a car in Ohio, the loan company (bank, credit union, etc.) provides you with a "Memorandum of Title" which is essentially a non-negotiable title.

In other words, it's a document that says you own the car even though you have a loan on it. You use this document to register your car and get license plates, but you can't use it to sell the car or transfer the ownership to someone else because it's not the "real" title to your car. Typically this document shows up in your mailbox before your 30-day temporary tag expires. I'm guessing that all states have a similar document or process. If they didn't then nobody with a car loan could get license plates.

A 2-minute conversation with the dealership business office and/or your Bureau of Motor Vehicles should solve this problem.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 03-01-2019 at 05:06 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So the Illinois DMV is one of the most horrible facilities on the planet and they request a title to register the car. Now the bank has the title and won't give up the title until the loan is paid off.so the bank and the dealer say that I should be able to register the car with the sales contract and a letter saying I'm the owner of the vehicle which I never got. The reason I never got that was because mad City just finally process my paperwork to actually issue a title for my car and the state of Wisconsin does not print the title until the lien is resolved or the bank itself request it. so the issues are many but I think I have it mostly resolved. The bank needs a letter from the Illinois DMVand they will release the title directly to the Illinois DMV however the simpleton at the local DMV told me no but I'll have to try to talk to someone else. I had to drive back to Madison and get another temporary tag for the car until I can get this resolved.there's just a lot of weird garbage all the way around but on the plus side since I went ballistic at the dealer about all the bad experiences I've had so far to a member of upper management they actually cancel the paint and interior protection scam **** for me which I have a letter saying they did which means I'll get $2,000 applied to the loan which means my Mirage cost me barely over 10 grand so that's pretty sweet.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...I'll get $2,000 applied to the loan which means my Mirage cost me barely over 10 grand so that's pretty sweet.
    You can't beat that AND a new rear axle, right?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)