Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    There's an accessory console box/armrest for the ES but I don't know if I want to outlay the cash for that.
    I wouldn't waste your money. My 2017 Mirage ES (manual) had the bluetooth & center console/armrest added to the car before a dealer picked it up for me from a different dealer. The center console/armrest is very unimpressive. It's very small. Even with front seat all the way back, your arm could never rest on it while your right hand is on the steering wheel. I might be comfortable if you're parked at a rest stop and taking a nap with the seat dropped back.

I don't have one, but the Toyota Yaris armrest will fit and seems 10 times better. I would never waste my money on the Mirage armrest. It not that great for storing anything either. I am not impressed by it, in case you couldn't tell!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Richland Center isn't too far from me... if you hate the armrest console thing that much I'd be interested in it haha! But yeah, if it's that bad I'll pass on buying it new since it is kind of expensive for a plastic bin with some cloth on top of it.

I also ordered a trailer hitch for the car for my cargo basket. Best to put nasty engine blocks and transmissions on the cargo basket instead of inside the car where they can roll around and cause serious damage. It'll be ready to gather parts and do good work soon!
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Richland Center isn't too far from me... if you hate the armrest console thing that much I'd be interested in it haha! But yeah, if it's that bad I'll pass on buying it new since it is kind of expensive for a plastic bin with some cloth on top of it.

I also ordered a trailer hitch for the car for my cargo basket. Best to put nasty engine blocks and transmissions on the cargo basket instead of inside the car where they can roll around and cause serious damage. It'll be ready to gather parts and do good work soon!
    If you want an armrest, search for the Yaris one. I've seen pics of it on this forum. There's no comparison!

My Mirage is my daily driver, & a vehicle my daughter & son-in-law can borrow when visiting the States. They live in Finland. I also have an older Subaru Forester. That's my haul my kayaks, pull my trailer, and extreme bad weather vehicle.

RC is between Madison & LaX. We aren't that far apart at all!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, my main reason for wanting the box was more so for putting some stuff in to keep it out of sight while I'm at various junkyards. My various Yarii didn't have a center armrest either so I'm used to that by this point haha.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I wouldn't waste your money center console/armrest is very unimpressive
    If the armrest on the top end Mirages is a flimsy piece of barely padded plastic, I'll just get the third party Yaris-fitting one. Does it fit for sure? I will obviously do my own legwork on it, but that's gotta be the way to go. No more tired out right arm. It says in the Mirage manual don't use the shifter as an armrest, doesn't work as an armrest anyway

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Yaris armrest on e bay are cheep and easy.
    I pop mine in for longer trips and pull it out for normal everyday driving .
    Totally worth the 35$ investment.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Aron For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-07-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Aron View Post
    The Yaris armrest on e bay are cheep and easy.
    I pop mine in for longer trips and pull it out for normal everyday driving .
    Totally worth the 35$ investment.
    Great, thanks. I will have a look. Nice to add some comfort to my 5 year old Mirage. My car is trouble free just the nature of it... isn't that uncomfortable but it's a bit more bumpy than other cars for sure. It's so low to the ground.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was looking @ the Yaris console as well, but I think the Mirage armrest would be in the way. Does anyone have the console with the armrest on the drivers seat of there Mirage???

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    I was looking @ the Yaris console as well, but I think the Mirage armrest would be in the way. Does anyone have the console with the armrest on the drivers seat of there Mirage???
    You toss the Mirage armrest & use the Yaris one. Some cars have none.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You toss the Mirage armrest & use the Yaris one. Some cars have none.
    Easier said than done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)