Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh yeah, before I forget, if anyone else nearby (two or possibly three more people) wants to change settings on their car, please let me know. I got until late Sunday night haha.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    , instant MPG readout, average speed readout.
    You activated the Instant MPG & Average speed to display in the instrument cluster?? To me that would be worth the 18 bucks . Do all the other features still display / reset as normal?? I may have to make a trip to the dealer...

Roger

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I tried to but it didn't do anything.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The speed warning alarm works. Makes a ding ding sound over 75 MPH.

Dealer can't find setting to change turn signal sound either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    ...activating the temperature display (although it doesn't give a readout... just dashes)
    Darn! I was hoping to do that one myself someday. Is the ambient temp sensor in the bumper still there on the newer cars? I guess I should go out an look...
    edit: I just saw your post in the other thread, saying there's no sensor anymore. Oh well. I don't know why they ever put an ambient temperature sensor on these cars without enabling the readout. I guess that error's fixed, now, and not in the way we'd like.

May I ask what you want to change the turn signal sound to?
    Last edited by Scratchpaddy; 03-26-2019 at 03:10 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My car doesn't have it. The metal tab is there but wiring and sensor are MIA. If a pinout could be found or a wiring diagram I'm sure it's possible to add it. I'd like to but finding information for these cars is stupid hard.

As for the turn signal sound, it makes a click click click sound. You can change it on a bunch of mitsubishi models to make a Beep Boop sound. The owners manual for my car also says this but there was no option on ETACS decoder or the dealership's MUT-III in the configuration options to change it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    Oh well. I don't know why they ever put an ambient temperature sensor on these cars without enabling the readout.
    My 2017 Mirage ES has the sensor. Adding an ambient temperature sensor to a vehicle without enabling it seems sort of silly to me, too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's still cool, the things you can do by hacking into the car's computer with sketchy Russian software. I'll eventually order a cable so I can change the remote to unlock all doors with one press. Like you said, totally worth it.

I'm honestly pleased with the Mirage's door chime and turn signal sound. Much better than Toyota's shrill alerts, at least. I do not miss that. Open the door, BEEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP- Leave the headlights on, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You know, as much as I'd never check the temperature like ever, it still irks me that I can't add that functionality. I'm surprised that 17 ES has the sensor... they must have really started to cut costs on extra wiring and whatnot after then for cars that don't have the extra features. At least my car has the wiring ready to go for the fog lights... so I'll be able to add one damn thing to this car that it doesn't have!

If you ask really nice at your dealer they can change the door lock thing for you as well. I saw that today on the MUT-III as well haha. If they're going to be dicks and charge you, then yeah $18 ain't bad for a week's worth of messing about. I don't like the Yaris beeper either... my new Corolla hatchback makes the same beeping noises as a $100,000 Lexus so I like that hahaha.

I wish I could find some concise and clear wiring diagrams for the thing. I wouldn't be against physically adding the wiring in for the heated mirror glass I already bought, the temperature sensor so the gauge will work mainly so it can beep at me when it's cold, and heated seats using factory switchwork. My Corolla hatchback has heated seats and heated mirrors... so the obvious thing is to park that during the salty **** weather times and drive the Mirage or my Tacoma that has none of those features hahaha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, so using some info I got from Fummins I went to Biggers Mitsubishi today and told them about the turn signal sound. The guy said they had to figure out how to change it on an Eclipse Cross back to the clicking sound because people didn't like it. Whoops... that's my fault hahahaha. Anyway, they went under the Meter settings on the MUT-III, changed the sound, washed my car, and didn't charge me a dime. Hurray!

Speaking of Biggers, they have an orange LE Mirage on their showroom floor that my daughter absolutely loves every time we've been there haha. Someone needs to buy that.