Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, peeked under the seats of my car today. No wiring for heated seats. Dang it! I wonder if the SE models have the harness sitting there since they share more in common with the GT models like the push button ignition and whatnot. Oh well, saves me a few bucks not buying seats for it now but that's kind of a bummer.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also forgot, I got the weathertech mats over the weekend for the car from the Bolingbrook factory store (I get a 25% discount for being an Uber driver) and put those in instead of the worthless carpeted mats that came with the car. Much better.

I don't know why cars come with those stupid carpet mats (which of course you get to pay extra for... thanks stupid car companies). They get so nasty so fast especially if you're out and about doing stuff outside. Hell, even if you literally walk out of your house and into work if it's raining or snowing the floor gets nasty.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Also forgot, I got the weathertech mats over the weekend for the car from the Bolingbrook factory store (I get a 25% discount for being an Uber driver) and put those in instead of the worthless carpeted mats that came with the car. Much better.

I don't know why cars come with those stupid carpet mats (which of course you get to pay extra for... thanks stupid car companies). They get so nasty so fast especially if you're out and about doing stuff outside. Hell, even if you literally walk out of your house and into work if it's raining or snowing the floor gets nasty.
    You had to pay for carpet mats? My experience is that they only charge to get the rubber all-weather mats. Either way, the Weathertech floor liners are better because they cover more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep, it's on the window sticker for $135!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Yep, it's on the window sticker for $135!
    That seems odd? My 2017 Mirage ES (manual) has carpet floor mats (fit perfectly & have Mirage on them) listed with all the other interior features like A/C , tilt steering, split fold rear seat, etc..... There is no extra charge for floor mats on mine. Floor mats are a standard item, not an add on option at all on my car.

Something like an armrest console was in the car, & that was listed as extra.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wouldn't mind so much then since they just go up into the garage attic but yeah, extra cost option sadly. Maybe that's how they make up for putting cruise control in standard now.

For what it's worth, all the Toyotas and even the Caliber I bought new didn't come with floor mats standard. Extra cost on all of them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I wouldn't mind so much then since they just go up into the garage attic but yeah, extra cost option sadly. Maybe that's how they make up for putting cruise control in standard now.

For what it's worth, all the Toyotas and even the Caliber I bought new didn't come with floor mats standard. Extra cost on all of them.
    That's a change. Floor mats were not an extra charge in 2017. It's standard. It's become an accessory item now. If I knew I didn't want them, I would have made them keep them and knock $135 off the price. Put that towards what you want instead. Not it's a hard item to remove.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    That's a change. Floor mats were not an extra charge in 2017. It's standard. It's become an accessory item now. If I knew I didn't want them, I would have made them keep them and knock $135 off the price. Put that towards what you want instead. Not it's a hard item to remove.
    They now apparently give you this neat little 'portfolio' along with the floor mats for your $135. It has all sorts of goodies in it, like a Mitsubishi pen, tire gauge, and first aid kit. I saw one in a '19 Mirage review video, but I can't find the video anymore.

Better than the plastic bag I got with my owner's manual back in '15!

If I ever find one of them in a boneyard I am gonna snatch it! My factory carpeted mats were in my car for about a month before the Weather Techs went in. And yes, they used to be standard equipment.

Last edited by Cobrajet; 01-09-2019 at 06:59 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes, I do have that portfolio and like that it came with the car... well... sort of came with the car (had to pay that money!). My new Corolla hatchback didn't come with a book holder thing so I kept the one that was in my Yaris when it got traded in. Apparently those come more from the dealers themselves for Toyotas, not from the company although I'm tempted to call them and ask for one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This was today's project! Now people can hear me honk the horn at them!