Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Decided to gamble on the little car that every reviewer hates

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Hahaha it was the A555 which has the Getrag gearset! It was for a friend of mine, not for me. And yeah those old Daytonas were pretty neat.
    How squatted down was the rear of the mirage during that trip

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, my friend is damn near a giant and then we had people in the back seat AND the transmission... The answer is very hahaha
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Pryme (04-24-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, some good-ish news! I traded my Corolla hatchback for another one because I really wanted the manual version. However, since that car was paid off I had the dealer write me a check for some of the trade difference and took out a new loan which means my Mirage's loan is paid off! Why is this a good thing? Because I now finally have the damn title in my hands and can ACTUALLY REGISTER THE CAR! I'm waiting until towards the end of June when the temp plate expires so I can just get issued a new plate instead of the stupid DMV backdating it to January when I bought the thing. So yeah, my car will finally be 100% legit soon enough.

Also, for laughs I took my 100% stock Mirage autocrossing last weekend since the weather wasn't cooperative and I didn't want to take our Yaris out (super low to the ground air intake is good for hydrolocking engine if you hit a puddle just right) for the event. My daughter had a blast riding along listing to those enasuck tires get absolutely punished and the 3 cylinder engine bumping the rev limited while smoking the tires a bit around some of the curves. Look at that body lean! It was the second slowest time for the day only with a MG convertible of some kind being slower.

Name:  Poor Mirage.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  91.4 KB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Daox (05-22-2019),Fummins (05-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  Poor Mirage 2.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  95.7 KB

It almost looks like it was about to lift that front passenger wheel off the ground! Hahahaha!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    It almost looks like it was about to lift that front passenger wheel off the ground! Hahahaha!
    I like that autocross events are put on for enthusiasts. It gives folks an outlet for aggressive driving that is away from the motoring public.

But you should think real hard about bringing your daughter along for a autocross run. Take a look at these videos shared by Loren in his Autocrossing thread (turn your volume down before clicking play...)

Regarding wheel lift, have you read through Loren's posts?

Autocrossing a Mirage

He's done a lot of racing in his, and recently announced plans to let his modified Mirage go sometime soon. It's probably the most modified Mirage by a member here on the forum.
    Last edited by Eggman; 05-22-2019 at 08:47 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's low speed parking lot autocross. I used 1st gear mostly and 2nd a little bit. Plus we have helmets on in case of something crazy happening. But she helped me build our Yaris... I can't tell her she isn't allowed to enjoy the car she helped build.

The Mirage being out there was strictly because of the rain. Don't have plans to do that again since it got to go one time in it's life hahaha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welp... I cashed in my chips today. Ended up trading the Mirage back in for a new Outlander Sport ES with a manual transmission. We talked about taking more family trips and the Mirage was definitely not going to have three people, three shibas, camping equipment, food, etc inside of it. The good news is, I actually got all my purchasing price back out of the Mirage as a trade in and also got decent discounting AND I never registered the Mirage because of a messed up error with the bank when I got a loan so no sales tax, title, or plate fees were paid on it.

And yes, oddly enough, Mad City is who got my business. They were able to beat out Biggers offering by over $1700 and ordered me the back cargo plastic mat thing, paid for my family to eat lunch today, and gave us some passes for a bunch of stuff in the Wisconsin Dells to go to for free.

Anyway, while I'm sad to see the Mirage go I'm hoping the Outlander Sport will be decent. If not, it's got the same 30 year 300,000 mile warranty the Mirage had so... ehh. And yes, this one will actually get registered properly this time and not get screwed up by the stupid ass credit union hahahaha.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Did you get a better color this time?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I did actually. It's a quartz brown color so it's kind of weird.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Good luck with the Outlander Sport. If I could get one of those with a manual and AWD I'd give it a good, hard look.