Thread: Doge Hauler :: 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage ES Hatchback (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Doge Hauler
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage ES Hatchback
    Mercury Gray
    Manual

Parts carrier, doge hauler, year round daily driver. One of the many with a bad rear axle alignment, had it replaced and it should be okay now.

Details

Draw-tite trailer hitch

Fog lights hopefully coming soon.

Low end hard plastic with no nice trim because I bought the base model.

Made a nice box thing for the back to give the car a strong loading floor and covered storage compartments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp3e4k5x0n4

Stuck a phone mount up on top of the dash. I doubt that counts as a mod but it has it now.

Stock radio that sucks but made quite a bit better with the Rockford Fosgate Premium Audio from Mitsubishi. Now it's pretty decent.

•  

New horns because the stock one is garbage. Now it beeps with AUTHORITY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brkHTcUqDt4

Engine though, untouched stock 3 cylinder. Except I wrote 1.2 Liter on the air box with a paint pen because... no reason hahaha.

•  

Stock for now. Stronger rear springs and a rear sway bar are on the agenda.

•  

Stock garbage tires with steel wheels and ugly plastic wheel covers.

•  
    Comments: 2 / Views: 670

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 1,082 Posts
    Hello Doge Hauler and welcome to the Garage. Mercury Gray was one of my choices, but none were available at the time.

I'll sometimes remove the rear seat bottom (just yank it up from the front of the seat cushion) to fold the seatbacks down flat for our Dogie.

Don't forget to post some pictures.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 50.0 mpg (US) ... 21.3 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 60.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Had the first oil change done at 3750 miles a few weeks ago. It was free so I figured why not. Now that I have to PAY I'll be doing the changes same as my Toyotas at 5000 miles. 7500 miles just seems a bit too long to me especially since the poor car usually has two very very short trips taking my kid to and from school about four blocks away. Usually the cold temperature light is off by the time I pull back into the driveway.
    -Karl B. Relevant vehicle for here is a 2019 Mirage ES 5 speed hatchback. Lots of Toyotas and old Chryslers also.