Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rockford Fosgate OEM Accessory Add on

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's also my plan eventually so the trunk has a flat floor again and I'll have some hidden storage for stuff.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    For the flat trunk space, we just need a modified version of THIS.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here's what my friends and I came up with to solve this issue.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Christopher_B (03-03-2021),inuvik (03-18-2019),Top_Fuel (03-19-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Here's what my friends and I came up with to solve this issue.
    Looks good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Late to the thread but you'd be amazed what a small 4 channel amp under the passenger seat, powering 4 new 6.5's will do for the car.

Installed a 65w 4 channel amp, 4 new infinity reference speakers, crystal clear, quick install, bumps hard, $325 all in with 9 wire to run to and from the amp and associated speaker brackets to mount the new speakers.

No need for a sub. Just get quality parts and a bit more power in there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Pryme (03-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Late to the thread but you'd be amazed what a small 4 channel amp under the passenger seat, powering 4 new 6.5's will do for the car.

Installed a 65w 4 channel amp, 4 new infinity reference speakers, crystal clear, quick install, bumps hard, $325 all in with 9 wire to run to and from the amp and associated speaker brackets to mount the new speakers.

No need for a sub. Just get quality parts and a bit more power in there.
    Nickels, what amp did you use, and how did you wire it? I ask because this was the direction I initially was headed.

I appreciate how well the Rockford Fosgate kit fits in the Mirage. When I installed mine, I had no wiring to to fabricate and no penetrations through the firewall to try to get power from the battery. Those installs always look like a kludge to me. Because the RF amp is mounted off the floor, I would expect that it won't be exposed to as much garbage, dirt & salt as ones mounted under the seat.

Did you pay $325 for your amp and speakers, or does that include wiring and any other hardware? The RF kit includes all necessary hardware, brackets, ready-made wiring looms, and of course a custom subwoofer.

I'm curious nickels - do you still have your Mirage?
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-22-2019 at 08:41 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Nickels, what amp did you use, and how did you wire it? I ask because this was the direction I initially was headed.

I appreciate how well the Rockford Fosgate kit fits in the Mirage. When I installed mine, I had no wiring to to fabricate and no penetrations through the firewall to try to get power from the battery. Those installs always look like a kludge to me. Because the RF amp is mounted off the floor, I would expect that it won't be exposed to as much garbage, dirt & salt as ones mounted under the seat.

Did you pay $325 for your amp and speakers, or does that include wiring and any other hardware? The RF kit includes all necessary hardware, brackets, ready-made wiring looms, and of course a custom subwoofer.

Wiring a amp is easy. I've never come across a car that doesnt have either a rubber grommet into the engine bay or a place you can run it through next to something else, and I've run giant 0ga and plenty of 2 and 4ga runs

The mirage is so short it wouldnt take much time.
    Just a power and ground and turn on wire. The ground doesnt need to run far at all at that.

I could see the mirage being a phenomenal sounding car or a massive spl car. Those days are behind me

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Simple. Relayed power off ignition for the amp, and all speaker wires from the radio make a detour to the amp before rejoining where I cut them. Took about 10 minutes.

Yup. The wife drives it now, while I rock a Micra. The Mirage was not enough car for me and I couldnt deal with it anymore. Too slow, too small, although the Micra gets positively atrocious fuel economy. I keep meaning to write a comparo and keep forgetting. The same car yet very different.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Simple. Relayed power off ignition for the amp, and all speaker wires from the radio make a detour to the amp before rejoining where I cut them. Took about 10 minutes.
    Sounds easy. What model amp did you go with? Did you install a subwoofer of any sort?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sounds easy. What model amp did you go with? Did you install a subwoofer of any sort?
    The cheapest one on crutchfield at the time with the best reviews, I want to say a 75w Sound Ordinance 4 channel? Infiniti Reference in the front, Kicker in the rear. No sub (why I spent the money on the front speakers)

The way I see it, is a stock stereo hits bass at about a 2/10. A properly set up woofer hits it at a10/10. A clean, high end well driven and supplied speaker hits bass at an 8/10.

There is a massive price point difference and amount of interior space lost to power a subwoofer for a minute gain in bass that can only be appreciated with a small percentage of songs and only when played on a high volume.
    Plus everything is such ****ass quality in the Mirage. I already had to stuff matting and insulation everywhere and silicon trim together for the sew door speakers, god knows what would have been involved with stopping a subwoofers rattle