Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockford Fosgate OEM Accessory Add on

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    News to me, too. Looks like it sits under the trunk carpet.

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirag...19/accessories
    New to me too. I stand corrected. When I didn't see it on Mitsubishi Parts Now, I thought it wasn't available.

It looks like it sits on top of the spare tire. I wonder how it will sound in the trunk.

Last edited by MirageSEFan; 03-08-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Nice that G4 owners get an opportunity to own this too. Makes me wonder if that subwoofer would work in the hatchback? That would save trunk space.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Nice that G4 owners get an opportunity to own this too. Makes me wonder if that subwoofer would work in the hatchback? That would save trunk space.
    Interesting thought! Honestly, the fact that the hatch sub setup takes up so much space is the only reason I haven't installed one.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wish I had known about this version before i ordered the one for the hatchback. I would have done more research to see it it would fit on top of the hatchback spare tire.

Although, it probably won't fit because the G4 has 15" wheels and the Hatchback has 14".
    Last edited by MirageSEFan; 03-08-2019 at 12:39 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Base model G4's have 14 inch wheels so that shouldn't matter. And yeah, if that would have fit the hatchback that's definitely nice since it wouldn't Rob available space.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Base model G4's have 14 inch wheels so that shouldn't matter. And yeah, if that would have fit the hatchback that's definitely nice since it wouldn't Rob available space.
    A full-size 14" wheel/tire will not fit in the spare tire recess of a Mirage hatchback. Not sure if this is also true of the sedan, but I am sure they also come with the same temporary spare as the hatchbacks do.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Interesting thought! Honestly, the fact that the hatch sub setup takes up so much space is the only reason I haven't installed one.
    Hey Cobrajet I'm thinking my RF sub would work nicely with a properly executed storage box of the same height. Another potential advantage is a somewhat level surface when the rear seatbacks are folded forward & down.

Just thinking out loud.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Cobrajet I'm thinking my RF sub would work nicely with a properly executed storage box of the same height. Another potential advantage is a somewhat level surface when the rear seatbacks are folded forward & down.

Just thinking out loud.
    I like your idea Eggman. The storage box could be built with some light weight materials and covered with carpet. It could have some dividers built in, which would add strength to the top.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's also my plan eventually so the trunk has a flat floor again and I'll have some hidden storage for stuff.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is anyone around here handy with plastics? Wood is an option too, of course.

It would be pretty cool to find something already made that would fit that space. I'm sure the Mirage Forum Collective Brain Trust can work this out.