Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
The cheapest one on crutchfield at the time with the best reviews, I want to say a 75w Sound Ordinance 4 channel? Infiniti Reference in the front, Kicker in the rear. No sub (why I spent the money on the front speakers)

The way I see it, is a stock stereo hits bass at about a 2/10. A properly set up woofer hits it at a10/10. A clean, high end well driven and supplied speaker hits bass at an 8/10.

There is a massive price point difference and amount of interior space lost to power a subwoofer for a minute gain in bass that can only be appreciated with a small percentage of songs and only when played on a high volume.
Plus everything is such ****ass quality in the Mirage. I already had to stuff matting and insulation everywhere and silicon trim together for the sew door speakers, god knows what would have been involved with stopping a subwoofers rattle
Interesting. I ran my RF kit without the subwoofer for a day and got it in the following day. The subwoofer makes a big difference in sound. Also, my subwoofer never rattles, even with stuff stacked on top.