I recently purchased a 2019 Mirage ES 5 speed. The car came with what's called "Display Audio" which is a 7 inch touch screen that has bluetooth, USB, and HD Radio tuner. It also uses the display for the reverse camera. It isn't the one that supports Apple carplay or android auto which I could care less about anyway.

So the big issue for me is that the radio isn't loud enough to crank it up. Granted, I'm spoiled by my Tacoma's JBL system and the really nice Premium Entune audio system in my Corolla hatchback but even my gutted out Yaris race car has better audio than this thing. I've tried to search on here and saw maybe one person installed the factory Rockford Fosgate system and there wasn't anything said about it being louder than the stock setup only that it sounded better. Doing some basic research shows on Rockford's website that it's a 5 channel system running 6 speakers which would mean it powers the stock speakers as well as it's little sub box thing. Anybody on here have a Mirage with this setup? I know I saw one a few years ago and remember it thumped pretty good for what it was but I sadly can't recall how loud it got.

Also, I'm not wanting to switch out the headunit for an aftermarket one because that encourages theft and I do have to take the car into some seedy areas so a stock headunit does help alleviate someone smashing the window and stealing it.