Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rockford Fosgate OEM Accessory Add on

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    The cheapest one on crutchfield at the time with the best reviews, I want to say a 75w Sound Ordinance 4 channel? Infiniti Reference in the front, Kicker in the rear. No sub (why I spent the money on the front speakers)

The way I see it, is a stock stereo hits bass at about a 2/10. A properly set up woofer hits it at a10/10. A clean, high end well driven and supplied speaker hits bass at an 8/10.

There is a massive price point difference and amount of interior space lost to power a subwoofer for a minute gain in bass that can only be appreciated with a small percentage of songs and only when played on a high volume.
    Plus everything is such ****ass quality in the Mirage. I already had to stuff matting and insulation everywhere and silicon trim together for the sew door speakers, god knows what would have been involved with stopping a subwoofers rattle
    Interesting. I ran my RF kit without the subwoofer for a day and got it in the following day. The subwoofer makes a big difference in sound. Also, my subwoofer never rattles, even with stuff stacked on top.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Interesting. I ran my RF kit without the subwoofer for a day and got it in the following day. The subwoofer makes a big difference in sound. Also, my subwoofer never rattles, even with stuff stacked on top.
    Everything about our car rattles. It is not aging well in any capacity. It's a very cheap car that is showing its age and wear and tear. If I had to do it again, I would NOT have driven it across the country. It was not ready for that at all.

I gave up on it a while ago. I really only hang around these forums because the Micra forums only get 1 post every week or so.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Everything about our car rattles. It is not aging well in any capacity. It's a very cheap car that is showing its age and wear and tear. If I had to do it again, I would NOT have driven it across the country. It was not ready for that at all.

I gave up on it a while ago. I really only hang around these forums because the Micra forums only get 1 post every week or so.
    How many km's are on your car? Can you pin down what is rattling? I have zero rattles and a fair bit of mileage on my car. And I have a lot of junk in it.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is something that I plan on adding ASAP. The speakers are too weak and not loud enough in my opinion. It’s nice have the apple car play but this RF system should come as standard equipment for us music junkies and younger crowd!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My 2021 hatchback has the apple car play and such. I would like to add the rockford system. I don't put much faith in the local parts guy yet. He seems pretty green at a newly formed mitsu dealer. Can anyone confirm the part number for the kit I need? I have found two numbers myself an MZ number from the mitsu/rockford install pdf and a different number from the accessory catalog. I believe it started with an AMG. Not sure why this would be.

AMG14EAB01 vs. MZ314908

Either? Neither?
    Last edited by Christopher_B; 02-23-2021 at 07:25 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well I have ordered the MZ314908 from a website called atonofparts.com. I used a VIN for a 2018 hatchback because the guy in Ohio I spoke to seemed a bit dubious it would fit a 2021 and therefore hesitant to ship without contacting Mitsubishi. So I will no doubt be stuck with the unit. It was the best deal I could find at about $490 shipped. Everyone else wanted a much higher price with cheap shipping or a lower price with over $100 shipping.
    The rockford install instructions do show how the 2021+ models attach differently at the head unit. Therefore I am fairly confident this should install straight forward. I am a bit less confident in the website I used but am keeping my fingers crossed.

EDIT: I feel better now seeing this is actually RICART Mitsubishi (among other dealerships)
    Last edited by Christopher_B; 02-23-2021 at 08:59 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_B View Post
    Well I have ordered the MZ314908 from a website called atonofparts.com. I used a VIN for a 2018 hatchback because the guy in Ohio I spoke to seemed a bit dubious it would fit a 2021 and therefore hesitant to ship without contacting Mitsubishi. So I will no doubt be stuck with the unit. It was the best deal I could find at about $490 shipped. Everyone else wanted a much higher price with cheap shipping or a lower price with over $100 shipping.
    The rockford install instructions do show how the 2021+ models attach differently at the head unit. Therefore I am fairly confident this should install straight forward. I am a bit less confident in the website I used but am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Once you have it installed there is usually a software update for the head unit to download. Forum members that have already completed the update should be able to help you out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Once you have it installed there is usually a software update for the head unit to download. Forum members that have already completed the update should be able to help you out.
    I did see that file on rockford's site but I may have questions when the time comes. I just hope it fits the 2021.
    Now the Mitsu parts guy here is telling me the amg14eab01 is the part number

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've gotten both part numbers before and installed them on 2019's without issue. It should be fine.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  rockford.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  64.2 KB
    I am trying to download the update file but nothing happens.
    I am not super computer savvy but the same thing happened at my work computer. I just assumed it was a firewall issue as I was on my employer's PC.
    Any ideas?