Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mitsubishi mirage lookalikes

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    But usually 'improvements' means higher costs. I think it's fine the way it is, for what it is - basic, reliable transportation that's affordable to purchase and affordable to operate. Compared to the Honda Fit, I'd rather go with the Mirage.
    I don't disagree with you. I do think the 2017+ models brought some improvements over the 2014-15 models, but it's still basically the same car. Has the actual purchasing price of these cars changed in 5 years?

I paid $9299 ($10,153.73 OTD) for a 2017 Mirage ES (manual) that had bluetooth & armrest already added. Where 2014-15 models selling for under $10,000 brand new? I only ask, because I don't know?

Has the Mirage become a better value over time? If they discount the 2019 Mirage ES (manual) a year for now for under $10,000, I think that would be one heck of a deal! Would I sell my 2017 to gain a back up camera, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, & factory cruise? The answer is no way! I am content with what I have.

I like the Mirage for what it is, too. It's cheap, reliable, and economical. Change any of those three things, & I would have bought something else. In my mind, the Honda Fit is a nice car. If they sold them for under $10,000 brand new, I would have bought one. Thus, I own a Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The backup camera is not really needed in this small car anyway. I rarely look at it. I suppose new drivers will use it way more but when you have been driving over 25yrs your instincts are not to look at your dashboard when backing lol

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    The backup camera is not really needed in this small car anyway. I rarely look at it. I suppose new drivers will use it way more but when you have been driving over 25yrs your instincts are not to look at your dashboard when backing lol
    It's federally mandated. I doubt it would even be an option where that not the case.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    It's federally mandated. I doubt it would even be an option where that not the case.
    Yeah I know I was just saying. I only look at the one in my tundra when backing up to a trailer as that is actually kinda nice.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I agree with you, but I recall my older small cars had better visibility in terms of lower sheet metal. I'm not sure why cars have higher sheet metal these days. Must be either a safety thing or cost thing.

Forgive my off-topic contribution.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm digging the Turbo version.. adds about 30 HP to the already 85ish HP 1.2l.

Tiago JTP

Or 4 door Tigor JTP.

Nice looking cars.
    (blank signature)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I'm digging the Turbo version.. adds about 30 HP to the already 85ish HP 1.2l. Nice looking cars.
    I really like the look of the front end. It looks really nice without trying to hard. The Tiago doesn’t have much chrome, & I like that, too! Some of the new Toyota models in recent years have terrible looking front ends. It’s like Toyota is trying to hard to change things up. Thus, I think the Tiago looks sharp up front. I don’t care for sloped backs, but many new vehicles have that (& this Tiago isn’t that bad).

I don’t care for vehicles that remind me of the back of an old Chevy Citation. If you aren’t old enough to remember the Citation, you don’t have that image stuck in your brain. I like the option of hauling stuff in the back of a hatchback, & I like more of a square back end (VW Golf look). Thus, I may prefer practical over style. I am more of the fan of the KIA Soul look, which also sticks out from the crowd a little.

I like the simple 78 hp engine & manual transmission of the Mirage. Adding a turbo to the engine wouldn’t interest me, but I can understand others wanting that.

The Mirage definitely has more competition in other markets around the world.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like that car but not quite sold on the red mirrors...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had an '83 Citation and I hate to admit I loved that thing.
    (blank signature)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-20-2019),inuvik (01-20-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I really like the look of the front end. It looks really nice without trying to hard. The Tiago doesn’t have much chrome, & I like that, too! Some of the new Toyota models in recent years have terrible looking front ends. It’s like Toyota is trying to hard to change things up. Thus, I think the Tiago looks sharp up front. I don’t care for sloped backs, but many new vehicles have that (& this Tiago isn’t that bad).

I don’t care for vehicles that remind me of the back of an old Chevy Citation. If you aren’t old enough to remember the Citation, you don’t have that image stuck in your brain. I like the option of hauling stuff in the back of a hatchback, & I like more of a square back end (VW Golf look). Thus, I may prefer practical over style. I am more of the fan of the KIA Soul look, which also sticks out from the crowd a little.

I like the simple 78 hp engine & manual transmission of the Mirage. Adding a turbo to the engine wouldn’t interest me, but I can understand others wanting that.

The Mirage definitely has more competition in other markets around the world.
    Mirage has 82hp from 2017+