Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rear bumper protector

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Rear bumper protector

So on my search of things to add to my car I noticed the Mirage for 14-15 has an optional rear bumper guard. It's part number MZ314777. However, it says that it's only for the 14 and 15. The later ones don't have one listed. Anyone install one on their later Mirage? I put these on all my Yarii and my Corollas to prevent damage and I'd like one for the Mirage as well.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    So on my search of things to add to my car I noticed the Mirage for 14-15 has an optional rear bumper guard. It's part number MZ314777. However, it says that it's only for the 14 and 15. The later ones don't have one listed. Anyone install one on their later Mirage? I put these on all my Yarii and my Corollas to prevent damage and I'd like one for the Mirage as well.
    Check photos. Mitsubishi made some subtle changes to the Mirage bumpers that make the 2017 and up different from the 2015 and older.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-07-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The part it goes on looks so close... I just hate to gamble on it and have it not fit haha.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Gambled on it... And lost. Doesn't fit right on the edges. It's possible if you cut the corners a little that it would fit right but... Dammit... $55 lost.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (09-30-2019)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Rear bumper protection .. that's what I had exactly in mind when I purchased my tow hitch.

Drivers can clearly the see the ball that they don't dare to come very close to my rear .. haha..
    Last edited by Mitz; 10-01-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Gambled on it... And lost. Doesn't fit right on the edges. It's possible if you cut the corners a little that it would fit right but... Dammit... $55 lost.
    Yes score another one for the 2014 -2015s batch! The rare ding packages that are on some of the 2014s, including mine, and the cool scruff plate! Fummins, I think also mentioned the 2014 - 2015 has a more durable exhaust system, less likely to wrattle. Haha! Now I dont feel so in adequate........

except for when I take off my underwear. Oy Vey!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, it sucks because I don't need inconsiderate assholes scratching the hell out of my rear bumper... so I have to think of something else now. I'll honestly probably try cutting off the corners a bit on the bumper guard so it will fit... it's useless anyway at this point haha

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, it sucks because I don't need inconsiderate assholes scratching the hell out of my rear bumper... so I have to think of something else now.
    Do you mean this?

2014 GENUINE MITSUBISHI MIRAGE ACCESSORY BUMPER STEP PLATE GUARD OEM MZ314777

This covers the top horizontal surface of the bumper. How will this protect against damage caused by others? I would expect that scratches on that surface would be caused while loading and unloading the cargo area with the hatch open, and that would be only if the vehicle owner/driver opens it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Do you mean this?

2014 GENUINE MITSUBISHI MIRAGE ACCESSORY BUMPER STEP PLATE GUARD OEM MZ314777

This covers the top horizontal surface of the bumper. How will this protect against damage caused by others? I would expect that scratches on that surface would be caused while loading and unloading the cargo area with the hatch open, and that would be only if the vehicle owner/driver opens it.
    That fits the '14-'15 cars, but is a no-go on the '17-'20 cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    That fits the '14-'15 cars, but is a no-go on the '17-'20 cars.
    I get that, but don't get how that will protect against the actions of others.