Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone own a combination TPMS tool for personal use?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Well...Autel claims a TS508 can do these functions on a Mirage.

At this point I wouldn't buy any TPMS tool unless it can be easily returned...because there's always the possibility that it may not work on a Mirage. I might consider buying a TS508 on Amazon...but I only see them in the $400 range there?!?

Mark...check your PMs...
    About that price point, sorry about that. I was comparing prices between the two tools on Amazon.com. You are right about that, Top_Fuel, the price range does start from $400. Are you talking about the standalone tool or the TS508K tool-and-sensor bundle?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jtr990 View Post
    ...you talking about the standalone tool or the TS508K tool-and-sensor bundle?
    I just need the tool...not the bundle.

For what it's worth...I just sent their Tech Support an email asking them to verify what specific Autel tools will allow me to interface with the TPMS computer in a 2015 Mirage. Re-learns are fine...but I want them to tell me which of their tools will let me read/write sensor ID's from/to the computer. I'll post their response when I get it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Just a heads up. My workplace just acquired the Autel MaxiTPMS TS508 and a dozen MX 1-Sensors from our local tire equipment supplier. The tool feels lightweight, responsive, and easy to use. As for TPMS relearns on the US-spec (not Canadian-spec - no TPMS sensors inside) Mirage, I'll have to wait.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jtr990 For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Just a heads up. My workplace just acquired the Autel MaxiTPMS TS508 and a dozen MX 1-Sensors from our local tire equipment supplier. The tool feels lightweight, responsive, and easy to use. As for TPMS relearns on the US-spec (not Canadian-spec - no TPMS sensors inside) Mirage, I'll have to wait.
    Yes, please let us know if the TS508 can access the Mirage TPMS.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What he said.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Will do. If a US-market Mirage comes to the shop, I'll give it a whirl.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jtr990 For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I just need the tool...not the bundle.

For what it's worth...I just sent their Tech Support an email asking them to verify what specific Autel tools will allow me to interface with the TPMS computer in a 2015 Mirage. Re-learns are fine...but I want them to tell me which of their tools will let me read/write sensor ID's from/to the computer. I'll post their response when I get it.
    This is a good discussion that I am following.

Unless something really impressive comes up with the Autel TS508, I am way more inclined to buy the cheaper Autel TS408.

Since the Autel MX-sensor 2 in 1 are priced relatively the same of most other sensors, cloning a new sensor to the existing codes already set up in the car seems like the way to go. If I am using extra tires during the winter months, I would rather have them cloned to the summer tires anyways. You just switch tires and do nothing if they are cloned to each other.

If reading/cloning sensors is all these tools do for a Mirage, I would be happier with the cheaper tool. Mitsubishi & Subaru dealerships are 130 mile round trips for me. I use extra tires on both vehicles during the winter months. It's cloning or nothing for me. Presently, I am doing the nothing & just ignore the TPMS light during the winter on both of my vehicles.

Look forward to what you post, but already feel the TS408 may be the better value for what I want to do.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I can't believe what I saw on Autel's Twitter feed. To perform a TPMS relearn, it needs TWO TPMS activation tools to complete the relearn (one plugged into the OBD-II port, the other to reactivate the sensors). I have the picture below: Name:  20201217_002207.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  91.8 KB
    And the link right here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    I can't believe what I saw on Autel's Twitter feed. To perform a TPMS relearn, it needs TWO TPMS activation tools to complete the relearn (one plugged into the OBD-II port, the other to reactivate the sensors). I have the picture below:
    Isn’t it normal and typical to activate the sensors for registration? And can sensor activation be done by simply depressurizing the sensors?

So maybe the second activation tool isn’t needed?

And do we have to discuss cloning any more???

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

I'm still not totally sure if my autel scanner can register tpms id's or not. It's been talked about in the past but I forget. I know dodgearies Karl has the same or similar tool that I have at work. I can get into the registration screen but then it says this "function isn't supported by the ecu". Which I assume is because I'm in Canada and we have no tpms. I tried to enable tpms in the etacs and the meter modules but no luck. I'll post screen shots.

Edit: I can't make my pocket computer thing upload pics. Oh well, I can't really try unless I have a merican' car to try it on anyways. I have two tpms activator cloning tools, one autel and one auteq.

Last edited by Fummins; 01-11-2022 at 09:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)