Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone own a combination TPMS tool for personal use?

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm still not totally sure if my autel scanner can register tpms id's or not. It's been talked about in the past but I forget. I know dodgearies Karl has the same or similar tool that I have at work. I can get into the registration screen but then it says this "function isn't supported by the ecu". Which I assume is because I'm in Canada and we have no tpms. I tried to enable tpms in the etacs and the meter modules but no luck. I'll post screen shots.

Edit: I can't make my pocket computer thing upload pics. Oh well, I can't really try unless I have a merican' car to try it on anyways. I have two tpms activator cloning tools, one autel and one auteq.
    Can you tell me what the model numbers are on your two TPMS activation tools? Assuming one was an Ateq VT37 and the other was an Autel TS508.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr990 View Post
    Can you tell me what the model numbers are on your two TPMS activation tools? Assuming one was an Ateq VT37 and the other was an Autel TS508.
    Yeah, the auteq is the vt37, the autel is an old ts401. Work bought the autel tpms tool along with the maxisys mini. I bought the auteq so that I could clone or program universal standard brand sensors cause that's what we carry at work and they're cheaper than the pre-programmed ones.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

jtr990 (01-12-2022)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Well, that's not a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Well, that's not a happy ending.
    That's what...nvm.

I assume it says that because we never had tpms in our cars on this side of the wall.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Name:  not_supported.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  16.1 KB

I'm pretty sure I saw an error like that when I tried to use my Bartec TPMS tool to load TPMS IDs through the OBDII interface.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-12-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's what...nvm.

I assume it says that because we never had tpms in our cars on this side of the wall.
    Programming a car that doesn't have TPMS nor sensors in the wheels might be an issue. That makes sense!

I wonder if TPMS can be enabled in ETACs with a Canadian Mirage? One would still need to buy/add sensors & program them to the vehicle. The purpose of a test run like this.

Maybe that's been tried in other discussions?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Programming a car that doesn't have TPMS nor sensors in the wheels might be an issue. That makes sense!

I wonder if TPMS can be enabled in ETACs with a Canadian Mirage? One would still need to buy/add sensors & program them to the vehicle. The purpose of a test run like this.

Maybe that's been tried in other discussions?
    I'm not sure, I looked into the menu's that I can access with my scan tool which is pretty limited. I'll post pics of the things I can change another time. Tpms didn't seem to be an option for me. I can enable front and rear fog lights and change things like unlock all door with one push of the key fob instead of two. Little things.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Name:  not_supported.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  16.1 KB

I'm pretty sure I saw an error like that when I tried to use my Bartec TPMS tool to load TPMS IDs through the OBDII interface.
    This has been a few years ago, but I found it very odd that no one could clone Mirage tire sensors for me. The various mechanics that also dealt with tires used a local auto parts store for cloned sensors, but they had the store clone them before installing them in the customer's wheels.

So I called that auto parts store directly. He asked what I had & replied, "I can't help you".

So I was looking at the ATEQ VT37 mentioned here (just curious). Works for -

Alfa Romeo, Audi, Bentley, BMW Motorcycle, Bugatti, Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Chrysler, Dodge, Ferrari, Fiat, Fisker, Ford, Freightliner, Genesis, GMC, Honda Motorcycle, Hummer, Indian Motorcycle, Izuzu, Jaguar, Jeep, Karma, Lamborghini, Land Rover, Lincoln, Lotus, Maserati, Mazda, McLaren, Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-Maybach, Mercury, Mini, Plymouth, Pontiac, Porsche, RAM, Rolls-Royce, Saab, Saturn, Smart, Tesla, Volvo, VPG

Do you notice a couple manufacturers missing?
    Do Honda or Indian motorcycles have TPMS?

What sticks out to me - Nissan, Renault, Mitusbishi, Subaru, & Suzuki are missing. I wonder if my local auto parts store was using an ATEQ VT37?

Just an observation.