Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wait...an auto publication calling the Mirage a 'winner'??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    It's already being made. It called the Mitsubishi L200. Sold other places for years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    I don't mind the El Camino look. There are many unibody minitrucks sold in countries other than the US. Side note: I once saw a 2-door Geo Metro that had been turned into a tiny flatbed truck! YES on the Mighty Max Mirage!!!!
    I would like Mitsubishi to morph the Mirage into something like the Pajero Pickup, but smaller in scale.

Name:  Pajero Pickup.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  49.1 KB
    Name:  Pajero Pickup2.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  52.5 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I would like Mitsubishi to morph the Mirage into something like the Pajero Pickup, but smaller in scale.
    Why morph the Mirage into a pickup? Just make a pickup and let the Mirage be a Mirage!

The new 2019 Suzuki Jimny is the vehicle that is truly drawing attention elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAb0taA8cs

This is a true off road vehicle that most of people don't need, but many want one anyways!!!! It's looks like a square box on a wheels, but it's actually designed quite well. Suzuki underestimated the market potential on this one! Mitsubishi should take notice of this vehicle. People have an interested in low cost rugged vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Why morph the Mirage into a pickup? Just make a pickup and let the Mirage be a Mirage!

The new 2019 Suzuki Jimny is the vehicle that is truly drawing attention elsewhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlAb0taA8cs

This is a true off road vehicle that most of people don't need, but many want one anyways!!!! It's looks like a square box on a wheels, but it's actually designed quite well. Suzuki underestimated the market potential on this one! Mitsubishi should take notice of this vehicle. People have an interested in low cost rugged vehicles.
    I would not change the Mirage. I was just saying that I would like to see a small pickup based on either the Mirage or the longer wheelbased G4 body. I think it would be nice to have a subcompact pickup truck that gets great gas mileage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The new Suzuki Jimny looks great. Thanks for sharing the video.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageSEFan View Post
    I would not change the Mirage.
    Good to hear! The market is ripe for an affordable small pickup. The new Ford & Jeep pickup trucks are not going to fill that void, because they are expensive/large!