Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dash cam install

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have my dash cam on my dash not on the windshield like everyone does. It is upside down video though.

Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll try to remember to take some pictures of my dashcam tomorrow. I am using the Vantrue N2 Pro with the optional GPS module for recording speed. It has two lenses for recording the inside of the car and the front view over the windshield.

I have the wiring tucked above the headliner and it runs down the passenger a pillar to the glove box. Inside the glove box I have a 12v socket wired directly to my car battery. This allows my camera to run 24/7. Overall, it is a very nice setup and my wiring is completely hidden.

Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-10-2019 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Changed link to product page on Amazon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Steve, for some reason that URL led to a Amazon login screen. I changed it to the product URL.

That camera has some pretty good specs. What do you think of the video? It appears to be designed for ride share use. I wouldn't want the rear facing camera to record what's happening inside the passenger compartment unless I'm traveling with strangers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have an over-mirror dashcam, which widens the field of view as well. I haven't bothered hiding the wires, though, as I don't really want to mess with interior panels. So the power cable just goes straight down to the 12V outlet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

fc321 (01-12-2019),Marklovski (01-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nice. That's a good camera - lots of detail.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I also have an over the mirror style of dashcam (hard wired with a fuse tap). Dont want to invite the crooks to break into my car to steal a dashcam.

Ive had the same camera for 3 years but ever since I installed new stereo and amplifier the dog-goned dashcam resets to January 1st and 12:00 time every time I turn the car off and back on.

When I turn the key of my car inside the ignition even the touchscreen radio display goes blank as if its not getting any electricity as the car cranks up. This lasts for about 2 seconds and then everything goes back to normal
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    I also have an over the mirror style of dashcam (hard wired with a fuse tap). Dont want to invite the crooks to break into my car to steal a dashcam.

Ive had the same camera for 3 years but ever since I installed new stereo and amplifier the dog-goned dashcam resets to January 1st and 12:00 time every time I turn the car off and back on.

When I turn the key of my car inside the ignition even the touchscreen radio display goes blank as if its not getting any electricity as the car cranks up. This lasts for about 2 seconds and then everything goes back to normal
    Hey fc321, any ideas why this is happening?

If you like, we can make this it's own thread and offer it up to the Remote Troubleshooting by Comittee Brain Trust.

It's always good sport to help fellow Mirage owners.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post

When I turn the key of my car inside the ignition even the touchscreen radio display goes blank as if its not getting any electricity as the car cranks up.
    My 2002 Chevy Prizm has a radio that resets itself every time the car is turned on. Well...the time is reset every time, but the radio presets reset less predictably. Sounds like a similar problem, so I'm interested in anyone's solution.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I'll try to remember to take some pictures of my dashcam tomorrow. I am using the Vantrue N2 Pro with the optional GPS module for recording speed. It has two lenses for recording the inside of the car and the front view over the windshield.

I have the wiring tucked above the headliner and it runs down the passenger a pillar to the glove box. Inside the glove box I have a 12v socket wired directly to my car battery. This allows my camera to run 24/7. Overall, it is a very nice setup and my wiring is completely hidden.

Vantrue N2 Pro Dual Dash Cam
    Where did you run the battery wire through the firewall?